Trump’s son-in-law buys Watchtower HQ, has big, beautiful plans for it

Brooklyn Paper

Get our stories in your inbox, free.

Like Brooklyn Paper on Facebook.

He is making this office building great again.

Donald Trump’s son-in-law and campaign advisor, developer Jared Kushner, bought the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ iconic Watchtower headquarters in Dumbo last Wednesday, which he plans on turning into a tremendous, classy office complex by September next year.

“Over the next year, we’ll begin transforming the property into one of the marquee urban office campuses anywhere in the country, let alone New York City,” said Kushner, who is married to the Donald’s daughter Ivanka Trump and is reportedly an incredibly influential figure in his Presidential bid.

His family firm Kushner Companies paid $340 million for the two-city-block-sized building and three neighboring Columbia Heights properties, in partnership with fellow developers Aby Rosen and Livwrk, a source with knowledge of the deal claimed.

The headquarters building is most famous for its iconic 47-year-old neon red “Watchtower” sign — the name of the church’s newsletter — but a spokesman for the company refused to say whether it would survive the makeover.

The Witnesses have been based in Brooklyn for more than 100 years, but are selling off the organization’s Dumbo properties before relocating upstate this year, and Kushner is snapping the structures up.

He already bought five of their other buildings in 2013 for $373 million, and has since turned those into an office and retail mega-hub dubbed Dumbo Heights, which is now home to online craft e-tailer Etsy.

Kushner is also rumored to be purchasing a massive vacant parking lot at Jay and Front streets from the religious organization, where he could build a thousand units of new housing. The company is indeed under contract to buy the land but hasn’t closed the deal, the source claimed.

The property mogul also owns the Observer newspaper, where he recently penned an opinion piece defending his father-in-law against accusations of anti-Semitism.

Reach deputy editor Ruth Brown at rbrown@cnglocal.com or by calling (718) 260–8309. Follow her at twitter.com/rbbrown.
Updated 11:52 am, September 13, 2016

Get our stories in your inbox, free.

Like Brooklyn Paper on Facebook.

Jim from Cobble Hill says:
This is a sign of the apocalypse isn't it...
Aug. 8, 2016, 11:05 am
Morris from Mill Basin says:
It went from being owned by the Witnesses to being owned by the witless.
Aug. 8, 2016, 12:08 pm
Vanessa from Bushwick says:
He should put a real grocery store in there. Dumbo is the richest food desert around.
Aug. 9, 2016, 7:25 am
Andrew Porter from Brooklyn Heights says:
Vanessa, there's Peas 'N' Pickles, and a large supermarket elsewhere there, already.
Aug. 9, 2016, 9:07 pm
Tie41 from Colombia heights says:
They can't make it great again. It was amazing as it was. The best property in the city and they know it. That's why I m sure They fought so hard to get. No body takes better care of their property than Jehovah witness. Sorry for your loss residents of Colombia heights
Aug. 10, 2016, 9:43 am
brooklyner from Brooklyn says:
@Tie41 of course it's easy to keep everything in good shape and a good resell value when you can do it with free labor. Faithful believer working for free maintaining it not knowing that all the work was just to make the bride look better for selling. Many of them a really disappointed now...
Aug. 11, 2016, 10:30 am
Sshaw says:
@brooklyner I believe slande4 is against the terms listed for posting on this site. You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Volunteers are fully aware of the meaning of "volunteer".
Aug. 11, 2016, 3:35 pm
Sshaw says:
Slander of course, not slande4.
Aug. 11, 2016, 3:36 pm
Pér3z from Williamsburg says:
Wow.. He has right there is top notch prime Real estate.. And for the company's that do not want to be in Manhattan that is a great location right over the bridge.. All I know is they better have that clock up n running
Aug. 11, 2016, 4:32 pm
hudson says:
Just for clarification, the Witnesses didn't lose anything at Columbia Heights. They chose to relocate and many of the "volunteers" are relocating their new property in Warwick, NY or other locations where their service is needed. Go to their website and see the new headquarters location on their jw.org website:

Aug. 12, 2016, 8:10 am
Lee from JW says:
Lol, disappointed? The new facilities vastly outshine the old buildings. I believe they are all excite.
Aug. 13, 2016, 9:56 am
Northern says:
Everyone can go for tour in their new relocation of Watchtower at Warwick. Way much more spacious, and away from traffic. You would be amazed how beautiful the buildings overlooking towards the lake. All this tremendous work were done by VOLUNTEERS FROM AROUND THE WORLD!
Aug. 14, 2016, 9:11 pm
harriet from south africa says:
No disappointment at all!!only excitement to relocate to stunning new premises.Our volunteers are willing to serve wherever needed
Aug. 15, 2016, 3:14 am
sheila lynchy from united kingdom .. says:
we give of our time free and willingly because we love our god jehovah ,new premises so beautiful so exiting ..
Aug. 15, 2016, 6:08 am
Lorrie Nichols says:
Jehovah witness believe in living a simple life. It was much cheaper to sale and move to place were the need is much greater. LIVING SIMPLE LIKE BRINGS MORE BLESSING.
Aug. 15, 2016, 9:53 am
Vonda Vinnett from Oakland, CA. says:
I'm going back to Jehovah!!!!!
Aug. 15, 2016, 6:57 pm
DonaldWilliams from Indianapolis says:
I would say that the city of New York has lost some wonderful friends and neighbors!
Aug. 15, 2016, 8:59 pm
Rowena Sabbaghzadeh from Edmonton, Canada says:
It is about time that people of the world should know who JEHOVAH is, the creator of the universe, his purpose for humankind, and the hope for eternal life on earth for anyone who recognizes JEHOVAH'S sovereignty.

"Search for truth and the truth will set you free."
Aug. 16, 2016, 3:14 am
Diane mudge from Syracuse Ny. says:
We love to volunteer for Jehovah because we haven't any regrets because one day we will all see his wonderful works on a paradise earth.
Aug. 16, 2016, 6:30 pm
Dana Nelson from Henderson, Nevada says:
The Brooklyn buildings served their purpose for over 100 years. The new headquarters in Warwick, New York are already in the top ten award winning New York ECO masterpiece constructed environmental safe structures! I am proud of the Witnesses innovative environmental spirit of taking care of the earth and people's health. My husband spent one week pulling cable and trays for the main building, a massive structure next to a lake. Beautiful, spacious, and high energy efficiency throughout. Brooklyn aged buildings are only valuable for their location and historicity. By by.
Aug. 16, 2016, 9:14 pm
Joseph P Smith from Fuquay Varina,NC says:
Jehovah knows what's best for his people & we follow his directions.
Aug. 17, 2016, 2:59 pm
Tania H from Washington St. says:
Vonda V you made me so happy when I read your comment. I to recently returned to Jehovah after 20 years away from him. Stay strong! And our Brothers and Sisters are truly volunteers in every sense of the word. I am so happy to be back among them.
Aug. 17, 2016, 8:22 pm
Emma from South Carolina says:
True loyalty to our God Jehovah is the best way of Life and blessing
Aug. 18, 2016, 11:01 am
Maria from Chicago says:
None of Jehovah's Witnesses are disappointed about the selling of the buildings in Brooklyn. We look forward to the beautiful new location.
There is a lake and lots of nature to enjoy at the new location!
Aug. 21, 2016, 1:55 pm
Patti from Southern CA says:
Jehovah is "one" Jehovah and we serve him willingly and without reservation out of love for him and our whole association of brothers and sisters.

Change is good and Warwick will be just as visited and a message to the world because it has Jehovah's holy spirit and blessing.
Aug. 21, 2016, 5:15 pm
Pamela from Maui says:
I just visited Brooklyn , Patterson and Walkill. Being in the city was very stressful with traffic and no parking except at rxhorbitant rates! Once we were upstate - @ Patterson anf Walkill - the whole trip changed - very peaceful - relaxed lovely settings! All i met were so-o-o happy to get out of the city to the new peaceful setting! All volunteers are being relocated and love the new buildings! My family and i live in Hawaii - but only at these sites do you feel a true paradise!
Aug. 23, 2016, 10:33 pm
JohnG from Kingston NY says:
For over 100 years it was an invaluable location due to its access to main transportation and communication hubs to direct things world wide.There is no loss other than the fine people of NYC losing caring,hardworking friends and neighbors.With so much activity now available online and utilizing multimedia technologies the days of having to based in NYC are past.It shows a great deal of wisdom and love for all people that an organization supported by voluntary donations continues to look for more efficient and cost effective ways to deliver spiritual food to all people the world over in the turbulent times we now live in.
Aug. 24, 2016, 12:43 am
Trena CP from NYer in the ATL says:
I have to admit, if it goes away, I will miss that Iconic WT sign when I visit home-other than that, the wisdom of the Org. is like no other and the move to Warwick & Wallkill will no doubt prove that!
Aug. 25, 2016, 11:08 am
Dapo Kelvin from Lagos, Nigeria says:
Jehovah know what is best for his people, he has never fail and he will never fail us. He keeps directing our step and we will continue to follow his directions. No disappointment, only blessings!
Aug. 25, 2016, 4:21 pm
Nina from Bronx says:
Preach my bros & sis!
My siblings and I had the priceless privilege to volunteer and help clean/organize/build at Warwick. Watching the project progress to completion was truly a blessing. There isn't enough money in the world you could offer us to turn down the opportunity to help build the first house/temple built from the ground up since Solomons Temple for free! It's an honor to be able to do something for Jehovah; to show him how much we love him and his son Jesus Christ. Though we'll miss the convenience the city provided for us Bronxites; we love the Warwick location so much better! It's like looking into the window of the paradise to come. To this move we Jehovah's Witnesses say "AMEN!"
Aug. 29, 2016, 5:30 pm
Baby T from Atl. GA says:
Jehovah's Witnesses are not sentimental but practical, they have but one major objective to
get the 'Good news preached in all the earth' in imitation of God's son. The also subscribe to the principal that Jesus reminded his busy friend Martha of "A few things are needed or just one"
Sept. 3, 2016, 10:49 pm
Allen from IL says:
Why don't they relocate the "iconic" sign to Warwick as a conversation piece or for an onsite JW museum. Better yet, mount and lite the sign on one of the new structures for the local wildlife to see.
Nov. 5, 2016, 8:09 am
Spike from Queens says:
Great news!!! Now "Jehovah" has enough cash to take of all the child sexual abuse cases in his religion!
Nov. 5, 2016, 1:58 pm
Spike from Queens says:
Organized religions should be taxed out of existence. Perhaps the Goverments will pass a law that requires religions to be taxed for failure to provide charity, or failure to protect children? We would see very quickly how the "true religions" respond to God's "Superior Authorities", his instruments for punishing those who are lawless.
Nov. 5, 2016, 2:04 pm
jim from California says:
You witnesses preached about Catholic wealth, so pathetic..Spike is so right, if any religion needs to be taxed it's JW.Org..
Nov. 5, 2016, 6:09 pm
jim from CA says:
Oh yes, still waiting for the End, so which overlapping generation will it take place??I'am near 80 years old.....
Nov. 5, 2016, 6:26 pm
nebel from north west of dumbo says:
JW always wanted to watch the end of the world, the collapse like -9/11 that they could watch from their front windows. they are giving up that view for a lake? may be they are tired of waiting?
Nov. 5, 2016, 10:18 pm
Samer from Ohio says:
Jehovah's people are so happy people. Serving God from their heart.. I love them and want to be one of them. study the bible learn more about jesus. Best life ever.
Nov. 9, 2016, 12:52 am
Jess Wright from Pa says:
The last couple of comments I read are very sad. Remember noahs day. How people were carrying on with life and paid no note to Noah and his preaching work back then. We all know how that story ended. Don't consume yourself with things that don't matter pay attention to what does. That's the message that Jehovah's witnesses are preaching. That's what you should concern yourself with and listen and take it in. Jehovah wants all to live and better yet live forever. Concentrate on the important message that they are teaching and sharing worldwide. You don't want to find yourself like the people in noahs day who took no note and when they did the rain began to fall and by then it was to late. So listen and once you listen put it into your hearts and minds so it won't be to late for you or anyone. Humble yourself and listen.
Nov. 9, 2016, 12:57 am
Bjg from Az says:
You would be a fool to contend with Jehovah.
Nov. 9, 2016, 12:58 am
Fernando from Australia says:
Two simple questions make it easy to check if "the truth of the good news" is in the hearts and on the lips of Watchtower's followers:

1. How long have you been a "publisher of the good news"?

2. According to the good news, is a right and clean standing with God earned or imputed?

The response is usually a confused deer-in-the-headlights look as the cognitive dissonance kicks in overdrive.

Then their answer "earned" demonstrates they have never heard nor published the good news.
Nov. 9, 2016, 2:42 am
Mrs Holtz from Whangarei New Zealand says:
I Love You Jehovah.
Nov. 9, 2016, 3:14 am
jaja from toledo says:
you just haven't experience how good it is to be a Jehovah's witness
this is the best life ever
Nov. 9, 2016, 9:28 am
Sarah from Connecticut says:
There is nothing or no one on this earth that deserves our praise more than Jehovah. JEHOVAH is the ONLY ONE who can offer "the BEST LIFE EVER". JW.org
Nov. 9, 2016, 10:11 am
Victor Mongwe from South Africa says:
Well done Jehovah ' s people. Soon people will experience why JW's preach tirelessly about God's Kingdom. I am a JW for 2 years now! Wow, it feels like 100 years. I know many people are going to God's mountain.
Nov. 9, 2016, 5 pm
B.c.s from Texas says:
Jehovah has shown us through the scriptures with examples how we can turn around and earn forgiveness for our faults a righteous man May stumble many times but he will always get up a unrighteous man looks for a stumbling block and Satan blinds the mind of the unbeliever so a good and clean standing with God is learned not earned but just like Adam and Eve it can be lost he who endures to the end will be saved and be trained to be what Jehovah wants us to be
Nov. 9, 2016, 5:11 pm
KB from Florida says:
Vonda V! Awesome!

These people have accomplished who all humans seek and they do it willingly. They are the happiest and most logical people with a depth unlike the common society. A great tribute to their God, Jehovah.
Nov. 9, 2016, 9:01 pm
Benard Mutale from ZAMBIA says:
We love you Jehovah! we are sure the new building will help majority of open minded people to accelerate learning about you, apply it in their daily lives and have a clean standing with You. May you kindly bless each one that has contributed/will contribute to the building just like in Solomons time.
Nov. 10, 2016, 2:46 am
michelle from usa says:
You know as a teen I left the life as a JW.
My parents didnt go regularly, our life had turned into a mess.
Then i married a man who who claimed to believe in God...and as he would beat me he would often scream at me Im your God, and lots of profanity.
I quit believing in any God, for maybe two or three years. But even during this horriable time in my life, the birth of my first two children, I'd lay awake in physical pain usually after a beating and picture my life differently. And I would lie awake as the sun rose into the heavens...and I kept asking if there is a God please give me a sign...and three of those times...Jehovahs witnesses came to our door the very next day...unfortunately two of those times my ex husband was home and he verbally abused the two ladies, and later the couple...and grabed their litrature and threw it at them like a foolish raging bull. But one time he wasnt home and neither were my neighbors and I did listen. Although I asked them not to come back, I told them it was out of fear for their safty...not because of the message they shared...
Several years went by after I was first married, and I finially got the courage to leave OUR abuser...
And as I was going through a long drawn out divorce from my abuser and his family, my grandma, my most favorite person in the whole world started sending me scriptures by mail in letters and card for my two children and I. And a beautiful gift...a gold bible story book, like the one i had recieved from one of my families convention when I was 8 yrs old...my three children (a third came out of wedlock)wore that beautiful book out...but so began my journey to return to the only true God Jehovah....and although my ex husband and his family threw lots of monkey wrenches into the mix those first few years, and then satan's world distracted me off of my journey on and off...I finially returned to Jehovah and dedicated my life to him at a one day saturday assembly at the end of October 2009. I was 40 yrs old...and though satan has attacked me repeatedly through family , and health, and lack of food, and shelter at times...I have begun my Journey and wear the name of a Jehovahs Witness proudly as my grand ma did. She was my biggest reason for returning. She was layed to rest in april...she was going to be 92 this year, and was a daughter of Jehovah nearly 65 years...she was a wonderful woman from Brooklyn New York who spoke of see that Watchtower sign when she walked in Brooklyn...When she was a Jewish woman she would always add. I thank my grandma, and the many many sisters along this journey helping me get to know our creator, the one true God, Jehovah through his son Christ Jesus' teachings in the holy bible.
Nov. 10, 2016, 5:27 am
Doug from Florida from Sebastian says:
Great property for business. The times have changed for the spreading of the Good News. More electronic and less shipping. The need to be in the river area of a Big city has gone by. Now the JW's are happy to not have to fight the commuters and local situations of the city. We love those that volunteer. I have for many years built and maintained JW's projects. It take love and faith to give in a selfish world.
Nov. 10, 2016, 7:28 am
Trena from from California says:
I am so proud of all the JW family moving is a difficult process. There were so many brothers on the wait list to come help and freely volunteer that sadly not all were able to get there before it was finished , I am hoping to go for a project in the future ! "Nina from the Bronx" I did a chair dance when I read your comment. Feeling the Unity and Brotherly love truly "THE BEST LIFE EVER" Isaiah 43:10-
Nov. 10, 2016, 11:52 am
Bonnie from florida from Cocoa Florida says:
Beautiful peaceful people.
Nov. 10, 2016, 11:59 am
Cara from Missouri says:
I think that their is always someone in the background who questions our beliefs and some who want to try to cause division among Jehovah's people. We are peaceable and we don't stand up for abuse of any kind not do we support it pay off anyone who does. The money they get for selling the property is to further the preaching work since any work the witnesses do is totally voluntary. This includes the preaching work , the talks given at the kingdom hall and the assembly's we have building of the kingdom halls world wide and all the places they print literature . All by voluntary contributions. But, the money does help with materials (which are expensive) buying printing presses and lawnmowers, cleaning supplies and everything else to keep Jehovah's work possible. It is a beautiful thing and anyone who takes away from it is either mad because they choose not to live thier lives this way or just completely uneducated about what thier work or message is it scared. The brotherhood/sisterhood is wonderful and we are peaceable people and we live by God's standards and not by mans. If anyone has any questions or comments or are just looking at the comments on here please look at jw.org It is the most current and up to date information you will possibly find. We hope for Jehovah's promise for peace where death will be no more. We do our best to live up to his standards in this imperfect world.
Nov. 10, 2016, 1:42 pm
Steve from Texas USA says:
I had the opportunity and privilege to work at the new world headquarters in Warrick, and even visited Brooklyn bethel this past summer. I didn't mind volunteering and helping and giving my time freely. (wouldn't that be considered charity? Like they provide in the Disaster Relief department?) ...
I too lost my way for a bit from serving Jehovah. When I was at zero after 6 years away, broke, homeless with a family of 5, teenagers, I realize that no one would help me. Not the local government. Not anyone in D.C. NO ONE. They don't even know your name much less know you personally. However, Jehovah knows each one of us. His power and wisdom is matchless. His love unsurpassing. Ones who mock and spew hate are in a dangerous position. I am convinced that Jehovah will one day intervene in today's affairs and "set matters straight". His active and real heavenly government will usher in a new world. One that will be ruled by the greatest man ever to live, Jesus Christ, our king. I rather put hope in that than any other human who is a king, president, dictator, monarch, politician. They will NEVER be able to deliver. But Jehovah can.

May your kingdom come Jehovah!!

Blessing and greetings to all my spiritual brothers and sisters globally, my true family. May Jehovah strengthen you and endure as well witness the final outcome of these last days. Sanctify his name and live forever!

Steve M.
Nov. 10, 2016, 5:24 pm
Sandee W. from New Jersey says:
I too had many privileges in Jehovah's organization, including working at Warwick.

Let your Kingdom come, Jehovah! Thank you for all you've done and will do for us today and in your new world!
Nov. 10, 2016, 6:23 pm
Felice from From Atlanta... says:
To serve shoulder to shoulder with our Brothers/Sisters is a great privilege. Volunteers excitedly offer their time and receive a rich reward! Our God Jehovah is one Jehovah...this truly is the Best Life Ever! Please visit JW.org and schedule a tour of Warwick.
Nov. 11, 2016, 6:05 am
Anne Wall from South Africa says:
To Michelle. I am proud of you. And all others that stick to Jehovah. I had a son who also left the truth for 20 years and has been back for 2 years now. He is doing so much better
Nov. 11, 2016, 11:26 am
Timothy Fashina from Nigeria says:
How good and pleasant it is for your people to dwell in peace and unity.
Jehovah! Please let your kingdom come!
Nov. 11, 2016, 4:07 pm
JWDoby from Western PA says:
Jehovah is wise! If we gave away the buildings and erected tents as our dwellings and operating facilities, the work would still be a success!

I read something about taxes...
IF the governments imposed "fair" taxes on ALL religions, take note of which religion would be first in line to comply!
Nov. 11, 2016, 4:50 pm
N C PAKAN from Phoenix Az. says:
Wolves in sheep clothing enter to do wrong. Jehovah will judge those who do wrong and try to shame his org. Let his name be sanctified soon ! A MEN..
Nov. 12, 2016, 12:37 pm
C. Rothe from Germany says:
I's amazing to know what has happend. Warmly Wishes to my dear Bro and Sis there.
Nov. 12, 2016, 2:24 pm
L Bishop from from Missouri says:
To Vonda V.

I am so happy to hear you are returning to Jehovah. You will be welcomed with open arms and all the heavens will rejoice over your return. I look forward to the day when I can meet you in paradise!
Nov. 12, 2016, 2:37 pm
Lilian asilo from Palawan phillipines says:
I am proud to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses practical ,simple people.my family and I devote ourselves serving Jehova,what ever it takes,the best life ever,,endure till The END
Nov. 13, 2016, 7 am
John from Abuja, Nigeria says:
Jehovah's visible org. is On the move!
No force in heaven or on earth can contend with Jehovah. So all you nations and people, stand in awe and bow down to our God.
Nov. 13, 2016, 1:54 pm
Gideon from Abuja, Nigeria says:
True worship is based on revealed truth as found in God's world the bible and not human opinion. We are sure that this is the organization of the creator. May Jehovah direct all who love him.
Nov. 13, 2016, 6:31 pm
Sharon from Tucson AZ says:
I'm sad I never got to see the sign "read your bible daily" but I already excited to visit the Bible museum in warwick
Nov. 14, 2016, 7:04 pm
Freedom from USA says:
The Watchtower organization is a business that operates on the voluntary donations from its members.

The only problem is that this style of "business" no longer has a place in society.
Nov. 14, 2016, 9:08 pm
Freedom from USA says:
There is a huge problem with Child abuse in the organization, as admitted by Geoffrey Jackson (member of the governing body) at the Australian Royal Commission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvyPugZk59o
Nov. 14, 2016, 9:09 pm
RalphB from Canada says:
I have watched Jehovah's Witnesses closely for more than seventy years now! I visited their headquarters in the early 50's and hope to do so again soon, and again shortly in "Paradise"! Yes, I am a "Witness" too, and hope to meet you there soon!
Nov. 14, 2016, 9:55 pm
Freedom from The Watchtower says:
The Watchtower has identified the United Nations as an organization influenced directly by Satan the Devil.

And yet, it was an NGO member of the UN for nearly a decade.

Proof here from the UN's website: http://ask.un.org/loader.php?fid=714&type=1&key=98fd5be823c972e94733f7fd50f6088d
Nov. 15, 2016, 8:11 am
Freedom from The Watchtower says:
The Australian government is opening a further probe into the policies that Watchtower holds, which makes the organization a pedophile's playground.

The hearing is set for March of 2017 in Sydney Australia:

Brief synopsis of what the Australian Royal Commission has done so far, and what is next for the Watchtower and the Australian Government: http://jwsurvey.org/child-abuse-2/australian-royal-commission-puts-watchtower-back-under-microscope
Nov. 16, 2016, 10:46 am
John from Connecticut from New Haven says:
I'm proud to have contributed my labor inside 30 Columbia Heights and am proud and fully support the decisions the Watchtower Society makes in regards to it's properties. I'm also proud of my older daughter who is donating her professional time at the Watchtower Society. Can't wait to retire to get back into the Full-time Ministry.
Nov. 17, 2016, 1:02 pm
tuntun w from Indonesia says:
i wish i could go to the new JW headquarter in warwick... but it's too expensive... maybe oneday ...
Nov. 20, 2016, 7:21 am
Donna from Charlotte says:
You can see by the comments from all around the world, we are united and love our God Jehovah!
Nov. 22, 2016, 9:05 pm
Happy Life from Bermuda Islands says:
I had the Privilege of volunteering at the Wallkill , New York facility for some years. It was one of the Major highlights of my life. 100% Positive!
If I had the circumstances to work at Warwick Headquarters, I would have done it.
I to, over my lifetime can observe and also as a volunteer can say, no where else than in Jehovah's Organization does my life have real meaning and purpose. It is a real delight to belong to a true Worldwide Family that is united by pure love of God and man. There are many fine examples of very young children to those well advanced in years who serve as true encouragement to do what is Right and Wholesome.
The Negative heresy that is promoted by certain people is to be expected, as the whole world is still being influenced by the 'wicked one' -the Devil. That does not discourage us. We only feel stronger and more united. It is not hard to tell when someone is truly Sincere, Humble and saying/doing what is best for his fellow man.
As a family, we offered many prayers to the success of the Warwick Project. With hearts overflowing and with Eager expectation, my family and I look forward to touring that Wonderful new World Headquarters next year!
Nov. 23, 2016, 6:54 pm
Fultongirl from Middletown says:
Some of us are up in years and have health problems so we're unable to volunteer at our new Headquaters in Warwick's building program but it has been and still is a grand privilege to donate through monetary means our love and support to the best organization on earth. I have been one of Jehovah's Witnesses for over 50 years and love serving the only true God Jehovah. You will be amazed when you see Warwick Headquaters up front. Only God's spirit could have accomplished this incredible expansion. We owe it all to Jehovah!
Nov. 24, 2016, 1:44 pm
dollie from connecticut says:
I have been a Jehovah's witness for 58 years &am so glad that I am one of his witnesses.this is the best way of life wouldn't change it for anything. This is the most wonderful organization in the world to belong to& the Warwick project the new headquarters is just marvelous. It is an honor & a credit to our God Jehovah.
Nov. 24, 2016, 4:14 pm
Dan Steeves from Colombia says:
While this violent and merciless world falls daily into an abyss of depravity and corruption, Jehovah's Witnesses in 240 lands live as a loving and united brotherhood proclaiming the only rulership capable of permanently solving ALL of mankind's problems, Jehovah's messianic kingdom.
Nov. 25, 2016, 3:29 pm
Freedom from The Watchtower says:
"The year A.D. 1878 … clearly marks the time for the actual assuming of power as King of kings, by our present, spiritual, invisible Lord - …" The Time is At Hand (1911 ed) p.239

Dec. 3, 2016, 10:50 am
Mac from Coon Rapids says:
Being Humans we all sin, and some sin terribly.
The witnesses expel sinners from the congregation who are unrepentant when they fail to uphold Jehovah's righteous standards.
Other Religions welcome unrepentant wrongdoers and do nothing to teach and encourage them to change. On the other hand none of us claim to be infallible as some church leaders do. We make mistakes as did Paul and Peter but they were able to make improvements and adjust to Jesus's teachings and he forgave them and they moved on, were used by Jehovah and were better men by being humble enough to ask forgiveness and to learn from the greatest teacher.
Dec. 20, 2016, 12:38 am
Amitafal from Mostyn UK says:
Reading everyone's comments I have mixed feelings. I have been a faithful worshipper for over 30yrs. Yes Jehovahs is the true God, Jesus his son, ransom is a wonderful gift, resurrection hope certain. However don't ignore the facts regarding g paedophiles- I know several sisters in different congs that have first hand experience of how it has been badly dealt with. It is a criminal Act and should be reported to the police. The Catholic Church and others have apologised to their victims whilst the WT remains silent. The Gov Body and the organisation is bringing reproach on Jehovahs name. Trust in Jehovah, not men. Study the bible not the WT.
Jan. 4, 8:52 am
Ruth Ogholi from Lagos Nigeria says:
Am proud to be a Jehovah's Witness and will always be no matter what happens in the world. Amitafal and Freedom you have to check the details before drawing conclusions. No case of confirmed sexual immorality is overlooked in the Christian congregation. Any unrepentant sinner is removed from the congregation of which of course non members aren't informed. But you seeing him/her coming to d Kingdom Hall may think that nothing has been done to him. Moreover, paedophiles are reported to d authorities. Jehovah's visible organization is NOT PARTY TO IMMORALITY!! Stop spreading unwholesome gossip.
Jan. 11, 4:12 pm
DJ from Ohio says:
Thanks to Jehovah we have the blessings of our brotherhood wherever we go. The life we have lived has been the best for us, and we are pleased to be dedicated to him.
Jan. 20, 4:42 pm
Angie from Amherst, NY says:
John 17:17 "Sanctify them by means of the truth, your word is truth." As one of Jehovah's Witnesses baptized for 36 years, I have found that there is no greater satisfaction in the world than to be obedient to our Sovereign Lord, Jehovah and his only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. My life would not be complete if I wasn't serving Jehovah.
Jan. 23, 7:59 pm
Kathleen from Nova Scotia says:
"To you, O Jehovah, I turn. My god, I trust in you." Psalms 25: 1, 2
Love the new buildings and the beautiful peaceful surroundings. Its like looking through a window of what life will be like in a peaceful new world where pain and tears are just a faint memory. It is just around the corner.
We love you Jehovah.
Jan. 27, 6:25 pm
DAN from Indianapolis says:
Jw have no objections to be taxed, as long as every other religious organizations are taxed also. And in some countries, where they are taxed, they pay it because we give to Ceasar what is Ceasars. Also, if the org. was a business, almost all of the money will be considered business expense and, therefore, will be getting credit at tax time. The money is used for everyday expenses in getting our publications printed and shipped, pay for building expenses, food, lodging and services for the volunteers, financial and material aid in areas of natural disasters, building of kingdom halls all over the world (because we are still growing); and, of course, the expense of renting the venues for our conventions and special events and more. Our buildings are beautiful and we use cutting edge technology, because it is necessary to spread the message of the good news of God's kingdom. We need money for that; but we spend it wisely and for good uses. No one individual person gets rich by it. Our elders do not have mansions or expensive cars paid by the rest of us, like we've seen in other churches. Our main purpose is helping people to learn about Jehovah and his kingdom, that's why we volunteer. We have the best architects, engineers, graphic designers, printers, artists, builders and so on, in the world. And yes, we are all volunteers, but we do it out of love for Jehovah and for people; we do not sigh about it, we do it with joy in our hearts because we are able to see the results of our hard work. Keep on with the good race my brothers and sisters. AGAPE TO ALL.
Jan. 28, 3:37 pm
Eze Allwell kelechi from Port Harcourt says:
Jehovah is the only true God and his witnesses serve only him,we say no to materialism,immorality,war/violence, we say no to disorderliness ,Warwick is a better and quite place away from the hustling and bustling ,minimising waste including that of visitor time to access the headquarters etc,am proud,satisfied and happy to be a Jehovah's witness.
Jan. 28, 4:10 pm
Diane Sneed from VIRGINIA says:
Jehovah's People are happy to volunteer their time their strength to the upkeep of any building that represent the love and respect for our heavenly Father Jehovah this brings a great witness to all the nation's the Glory we give to our Father loyal love from all 4 corners of the world and will continue without let up, I love my Christian family the nucleus of the coming paradise new world order .PRAISE JEHOVAH GOD YOU PEOPLE BECAUSE ALL GLORY BELONGS TO HIM FOREVER AND FOREVER EVEN ETERNITY. AMEN
Jan. 28, 5:42 pm
Ayn from Maryland says:
Leave us not forget that the volunteers are well compensated. How much would it cost to live for a month in a nice furnished apartment with all your meals provided? When those buildings become condos, how much is it going to cost? I've been on the tour more than once, and there is nothing else like this organization on earth. Imperfect and wicked infiltraitors aside--there is no way to completely avoid sociopaths sneaking in. Not in an organization that welcomes everyone. The difference is, once you are exposed, you are out.

I'm going to miss getting glimpses of the buildings on TV and movies, but am looking forward to checking out the new digs upstate.
Jan. 28, 8:25 pm
Gwen shaw from Wiltshire uk says:
No one who has not studed with j w cannot make statements that they know nothing about l to said terrible things concerning there believes but it was only after praying to God and asking for the truth that l could see that they truly live there life in harmony with the bible not like some so called religion where as long as there pleasing the people anything goes one being same sex marriage. So very sad peaple being missled
Jan. 29, 6:20 am
Maggie from Alabama says:
"Michelle from the USA " I'm so sorry for what you went through with the ex-husband. So happy you and your children got away. Your grandmother sounds like she was a very special person. I don't know you but I love you my sister!
Jan. 29, 6:57 am
Thomas from Florida says:
Jehovahs Witnesses are the most peaceful and loving people I have ever known. I have watched and personally seen that they really want people to live a peaceful happy Life! A true worldwide brotherhood....A Class apart from the world and any other religion in the world. I want to be a part of this wonderful Organization. Now I understand why they are hated... Because they are not part of this world like Jesus said in John 15: 17-19. I learned of Jehovah's witnesses been unfairly treated in Russia for this same reason, Please pray for them!!!!
Jan. 29, 10:24 am
Thomas from Florida says:
Jw.Org is a Beautiful website for everyone who wants to learn how to be truly happy and learn the truth about Gods promise for mankind.
Jan. 29, 10:39 am
Emeka onye from from Nigeria says:
What a wonderful privileged to serve the only true God Jehovah.
Jan. 29, 11:27 am
Marge from Tennessee says:
It,s not about us, it's about Jehovahs purpose being fulfilled, and his sovereignty vindicated. When this is accomplished, then his promises will be fully fulfilled. He know our hearts, no one can fool him. He knows how to rescue his people, and I wouldn't be anywhere else but in this wonderful brotherhood.
Jan. 29, 7:55 pm
Sihle Mbongiseni Shongwe from Swaziland says:
We all know that the plans for Jehovah are always the best. He always look for what is best for us. We in a journey to life. Still in this train where we past through different corners. We will turn every corner when the train turns. We looking forward to the new Head Quaters.
Jan. 29, 11:37 pm
Anna Ramirez from San Antonio says:
May Jehovah soon take care of all humble, teachable and peaceful people on this earth. He will take care of all the woes that we have suffered when being in the company of ignorant people, which includes family members, husbands, and even friends. Soon the whole earth will be filled with righteous people who will learn how to live peacefully with animals and humans alike. Sin will be removed and we will become perfect through the sacrifice that Jesus Christ gave. No one will be forced to live in such a peaceful place.
Jan. 30, 12:01 am
Dee says:
As a member of the organization for over 40 years I can honestly say this way of life without is honest and true. It is your choice to remain free of world distractions, racism, materialism, drug and alcohol addiction and immorality. Our love for Jehovah and love for wholesome principles that benefit mankind are our driving force. Our hope in God's Kingdom rule manifests our deep rooted faith in divine promise creating a sense of joy and great satisfaction as we carry out our ministry. We will never tire of serving our creator and look forward to the day his name will be sanctified!!
Jan. 30, 4:33 am
Dawn Bell from Charlotte NC says:
This is phenomenal how Jehovah has such organization among his people and this is world wide. It is going to be awesome to be able to live in paridise under the perfect righteous government and Jehovahs rule. Serving Jehovah the true God is the best choice that any living sole can possibly make. I am proud to say I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and I absolutely love serving my God and being among his people.
Jan. 30, 5:58 am
dave from kenyan says:
Its a privilege to know some things. Things that even the brightest are deprived of.

Its a most beautiful thing to know and be known by Jehovah himself
Feb. 2, 2:06 am
MMH from Tennessee says:
I am so happy to have found Jehovah 31 years ago and so blessed to be part of his wonderful organization. I can say (without a doubt) that I have the best life ever!!!!
Feb. 7, 4:38 pm
Eben from Ghana says:
That's Jehovah's chariot moving. I am proud to belong to Jehovah's org. A paradise earth? We're very close to it.
Feb. 15, 9:34 am
David in East Texas from East Texas says:
It's heartening to hear all the comments herein.

My neighbor told me about them building their new HQ in upstate NY. Seems like a good move to me - more room in God's country.

This neighbor is a lifelong JW and he's a great guy, great friend who is very trustworthy.

I really appreciate their groups emphasis on the Kingdom of God & Kingdom Living - it's a perspective that is somewhat lacking in most Evangelicals worldview.

It's like they've almost personalized the Gospel to the point of losing the Objective:

That His Kingdom and will be done on Earth, as it is in Heaven.

So, good on the JW's for driving that point home.

But there are other things.....

Like pointing out that Jehovah has commanded that he be primarily known by his Son's name Jesus Christ, the name above all names.

A study of the Old Testament names of God reveals that Jehovah had a multitude of names revealing his character, like Adonai, Elohim, El Shaddai, Jehovah-Jireh, Jehovah-Shalom and more:

I pray that my JW friends will discover that while their admiration for God the Father - as he was known in the 'Earlier Covenant' is admirable, they are missing the greater part- that Jesus alone is LORD, that He and His Father are One and we only come to them through the Holy Spirit !

As my neighbor and I discussed our respective Faith's teaching I described the Trinity, it's work & function how the Inter-Trinitarian Fellowship between the Father, Son & Holy spirit are the very basis for the Family.

God's adopting us into his Family, of making us aware of our sins, and leading us to faith in Christ and of giving us the Holy Spirit to indwell & guide us and teach us His Word, is the most reliable 'Watchtower' anyone could ever have !

It's urgently necessary for us to be zealous for good deeds, but they are evidence we are saved, but never the basis for our meriting it, per Ephesians 2:8-9

Sincerely in Christ, David in East Texas
Feb. 23, 4:52 pm
Lee from Columbia Heights, MN, USA says:
This is clearly a cash out by a religion that's struggling to stay funded. The religion is getting sued by ex members left and right for failing to report kiddy fiddlers to the police. There are webpages among webpages that fact check JW's theology, factuality and philosophy.

Those webpages caused people who would normally be receptive to the JW theology to now question how normal this religion is. (Answer: It's right up there with Scientology)

The JWs store is failing due to poor customer service and they just sold Grandpa's Rolex just so they could pay the mortgage for the next few months. Soon, that money is going to disappear and then they'll have to do something drastic again in order to keep afloat.

Speaking of Rolexes, JWs in 3rd world countries are worshiping in tents while the governing body of the JWs are wearing Rolexes. How does that make you guys feel as JWs?
March 7, 9:37 pm
Lee from Columbia Heights, MN, USA says:

March 7, 9:37 pm
Douglas Besterwitch from Bangalore india says:
Jehovah's organization is a forward moving organization. Only gets better by the day. I'm proud to be one of Jehovah's Witnesse.
March 31, 6:23 am
Gary Miller from Melbourne Australia says:
I've been a JW now for some 19years and don't regret any of it He teaches truth thru His earthly org and it's there to benefit all who listen.
We don't get our ears tickled we have to change for Jehovah and His son Jesus Christ and if we don't were not accepted and if we do wrong by Bible standards we arr put out till our attitude changes the really bad stuff the affected parties are told and encouraged to report to proper authorities. We have no clergy or schools or orphanages to do the wrong thing to anyone in so if thinfs go wrong look at the individual not the organization because we are week and sinful men but the organization is guided by Jehovah.
Someone said some wear rolexes i think you'll find there gifts because the brothers in Bethel certainly don't get "paid a wage" they do wjat they do for Jehovah and there fellow man.
I love my brothers and sisters worldwide and pray many more learn the truth and come into Jehovah's new world when His time is right. God bless and goodnight
April 9, 9:57 am
Gary Miller from Melbourne Australia says:
Oh and to Lee from Columbia heights you couldn't be more wrong if you tried "cash out" funny man. You need to do your homework better.
Hey come learn the truth and taste the wonderful brotherhood as i did all tjose years ago.
April 9, 10 am
Dan from Kincardine, Ont. Canada says:
I couldn't agree with you more my brother "Gary" from Melbourne, Australia! People not in Jehovah's organization have no idea that technically speaking , we have the largest amount of construction going on than any company or other organization. One huge benefit for selling the N.Y city properties is so that an "equalizing" can be done, and thousands of our brothers and sisters in so-called 3rd world countries who now meet in not so great buildings CAN soon have a beautiful house of worship! "Lee" has no idea that we are trying to build something like 14,000 new Kingdom Halls for our fellow believers in many African and other areas where the need is great. This takes time, resources and planning!! Like so many ones who have commented on here; if you don't have an ACCURATE knowledge of Jehovah's organization, then you have absolutely no clue how AMAZING and clearly backed by Jehovah it is!!!
April 28, 2:17 pm
Hahahahaha from Hahahahahaha says:
Hahahahaha.....JWs workin with Trumps in Dumbo..... The most sensible statement ever made about both parties. Hilarious .... Hopefully they bring each other down! Hahahahaha...
April 30, 3:52 pm
Daryl from in Missouri says:
I served at Brooklyn Bethel two years. Seeing the Organization from the inside opened my eyes to the real truth of the Governing Body's Organization; the JWs follow Man not God. / The JWs are taught they cannot worship God without the Watchtower Governing Body leading them; 7 men with all the power. What JWs think and believe is dictated by the Gov. Body. If a JW questions, contradicts, or disagrees with the Body's teaching, the JW faces being cast out with a forced shunning by all JWs, even family members. If the family members refuses to shun, the family can be cast out. Millions of families destroyed by 7 men now reigning in Warwick, N.Y. More people are leaving the 'Tower' now than ever before. It is the children being indoctrinated that I am sad for. Their parents will reject them totally if they decide to not be JWs. I left gladly soon after leaving Brooklyn Bethel. Life is good after the Watchtower. (Whoever you cannot question is who you serve).
June 15, 5:52 am
Daryl from Missouri says:
A great blessing since leaving the Watchtower has been attending a University and attaining my Bachelors degree. The Organization ran by the Governing Body discourages all JWs from seeking Higher Education. They say it is because the 'End is Near'. Have been saying that for over 100 years now. The end was to come in 1914, 1925, 1975, and a few other dates. The real reason Education scares the Governing Body is that an educated JW will leave the watchtower. Independent thinking is not popular among JWs. Tow the line, don't question is the rule. Living that way is unnatural and psychologically harmful. Fear not the Watchtower. Think, Think, Think. It is nothing to be frightened of, I say to all JWs. (FEAR and GUILT are the pillars of the Watchtower. Without those two the ORG would fall).
June 15, 6:07 am
Tina from Florida says:
The reasons I have remained as one of Jehovah's Witnesses and became a baptized publisher, is because, they taught me in my own home. Being deaf was never easy, if I didn't have an interpreter in other churches back then. Having a home Bible study helped me understand my own Bible as God's inspired word, not like the doctrine of man, you see in the world who don't always used their Bible for the teaching, like Jesus did. Jesus went to the people looking for deserving ones as like sheep without a shepherd, which God send him to earth to preach and he also did miracle from God to heal. He has commanded for us to preached to make disciples of men, not for ours only, but for the whole world. All through Bible time God have given men angels and prophets to warned the people back then, just like in our days. Did they all listen? No that why God, did destroy those of Noah's day, which 8 souls survive. Where were the rest of their families and friends. There were many times God destroyed those, who did not repent. Soon there will be a Great Tribulation, then comes Armageddon , then after Judgment Day to bring to ruin those of false religion and those who bring to ruin those ruining the earth and those who hate Jehovah. Of course God love the world so much. If our forefather Adam would have listen to Jehovah God of the warning him of not eating from that one tree, we wouldn't all be imperfect, to sin, get sick, grow old, and die. Knowing we are living in the sign of times or else critical time, just as Jesus has foretold. Not all the blame goes to God, nor Jesus. The blame is due to our forefathers Adam, Satan the devil who rules this world, plus his demons and people like those, who rejected learning the principles of the whole book of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. We all make mistakes many times, even those in Bible times, but they did their best to repent, so could you by following their example of faith. It is better to learn now on your own, or having those of Jehovah's Witnesses help you within a Bible study, or go to jw.org to find answers to you everyday question. No you don't have to be a Jehovah's Witnesses to learn or find somethings that may interest you from there. That is why we have the government body at the Watchtower of Brooklyn and now Warsaw worked hard in their learning to make all these Bible, books, publications, and other available for us to learn, and through our congregation, just like in the days of Moses there was a congregation, where people came together to be in the same mind and the same line of thoughts. Truthfully it isn't easy being a Christian, but we can try our best by being Jehovah's friend like Abraham was Jehovah's friends and start studying today so we came gain that experience today and when we get into the new world in God's due time. Today no matter where the headquarters is of Jehovah's Witnesses is they have headquarters all over the world that must have came from Brooklyn, New York way back then.
June 19, 10:56 am
Enrique from California says:
Vonda V., my eyes clouded, and my heart burst of emotion when I read your comment. I believe that Jehovah felt something like that too, when you decided to go back. That is good news.

None of us is exempt to the suffering and problems this actual system of things causes. But it's a relief to know that there is an organization, compose of imperfect humans, fighting against evil influence, to become better people and give hope to others in a hopeless world.

We are far from being perfect, God is the only one that can help us with that; if your house is dirty and unsafe to live, you just clean it and make repairs to make it habitable. God will clean and repair the world removing those whom make it impossible to live in peace (including those who pretend to be holy or saints or better than others.

JW's are in the right path because Jehovah is using them to fulfill the prophecy. Matthew 24:14, Daniel 2:44
Aug. 4, 8:22 pm
Jonno from NZ says:
I wonder if all you JWs are counting your hours preaching on here!
Oct. 24, 7:59 pm
Cindy says:
I'm going to make this short, to the point,,, the MOST IMPORTANT POINT,,, WHAT'S MISSING FROM ALL OF THESE JW'S COMMENTS?? JESUS CHRIST,, THAT'S WHO!!
Oct. 25, 12:21 pm
Patricia from Georgia USA says:
Love reading all the positive comments on here. Our new headquarters is truly BEAUTIFUL! The old headquarters served its purpose and now it's time to move on. Jehovah knew the right time to sell these buildings he never ceases to amaze me. Praise Jah!
Nov. 4, 5:16 pm
ann says:
So Jared Kushner purchased the buildings and property. The Same Kushner that borrowed billions from Soros? The same Kushner who's office resides at 666 in NYC? Bible Prophesy on schedule.
Nov. 5, 4:05 am
Sassy Lassy from Michigan says:
So sad for you, all you haters
Nov. 18, 1:43 pm

Enter your comment below

By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:

Don’t miss out!

Stay in touch with the stories people are talking about in your neighborhood:

Optional: Help us tailor our newsletters to you!