Sections

Midwood molester pleads guilty

The Brooklyn Paper
Share on TwitterTweet
Share on Facebook
Subscribe

Don’t miss our updates:

A 30-year-old Midwood man with a history of sexually abusing children pleaded guilty on Jan. 22 to serial molestation.

Andrew Goodman — who previously served two years in prison for abusing the same victim and another child — began the abuse he just copped to in 2006, when the child was 12 years old, and continued until the kid was 15.

Brooklyn U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch said Goodman’s long-term abuse robbed the victim of innocence — and he must pay the price.

“The defendant Goodman systematically and deliberately stole the victim’s childhood through repeated sexual assaults over the course of several years,” Lynch said. “He will now be held to account for this violation.”

Officials say Goodman — who has been in custody since his arrest in 2012 — faces a mandatory sentence of at least 10 years in prison, as well as a fine of as much as $250,000.

His sentencing is scheduled for April 24.

Reach reporter Vanessa Ogle at vogle@cnglocal.com or by calling (718) 260–4507. Follow her attwitter.com/oglevanessa.
Updated 10:17 pm, July 9, 2018
Today’s news:
Share on TwitterTweet
Share on Facebook
Subscribe

Don’t miss our updates:


Reasonable discourse

Comments closed.

First name
Last name
Your neighborhood
Email address
Daytime phone

Your letter must be signed and include all of the information requested above. (Only your name and neighborhood are published with the letter.) Letters should be as brief as possible; while they may discuss any topic of interest to our readers, priority will be given to letters that relate to stories covered by The Brooklyn Paper.

Letters will be edited at the sole discretion of the editor, may be published in whole or part in any media, and upon publication become the property of The Brooklyn Paper. The earlier in the week you send your letter, the better.

Keep it local!

Stay in touch with your community. Subscribe to our free newsletter: