Cops received reports of four car burglaries and four car thefts in the Fort Greene and Clinton Hill this week, not counting the 20-car window-smashing spree on Park Avenue early on Tuesday morning. Here’s how the rest went down:
• A scoundrel snatched a cellphone and $3,000 in cash from a company car while the driver made a delivery on Clinton Avenue on July 23, according to the authorities.
The driver told cops he parked the vehicle between Fulton Street and Atlantic Avenue at 3 pm, and when he returned 10 minutes later, the stuff was gone.
• A music-minded miscreant pilfered a pair of guitar amps from inside a parked car on Washington Avenue on July 17, cops said.
The 30-year-old victim recounted how he parked his 2001 Toyota Echo between Greene and Lafayette avenues, and when he came back at 1 am, the rear window was busted and the amps were gone.
• Another crook absconded with a microphone and a compact disc player from a car parked in a Rockwell Place parking lot on July 25, officers said.
The 49-year-old victim said when he went to pick up his car from the lot between DeKalb Avenue and Fulton Street at 8:30 am, the back passenger-side window was smashed and the equipment was nowhere to be found.
• A car burglar cleaned out the trunk of a vehicle parked on the corner of Ashland Place and DeKalb Avenue the next day, law enforcement officials stated.
The car’s owner reported he parked at the intersection at 3 pm and returned at 11:30 that night to find that his trunk had been raided. The no-goodnik made off with a toolset, some skin products, a flash drive, some blank T-shirts, and a credit-card swiping machine, according to a police report.
• An anti-social motorcycle-phile jacked a hog that on Adelphi Street sometime overnight on July 17, police said.
The ride’s 32-year-old owner said he parked the 2014 Kawasaki between Myrtle and Willoughby avenues at 8 pm on July 17, and when he returned at 6:30 am, it had disappeared. But the fellow assumed he had left the bike in a garage and went on a business trip for a week, per police. He came back on July 25 to discover the bike was not in the garage, prompting him to finally report it stolen, according to a police report.
• A thief wheeled off another motorbike from Clermont Avenue sometime between July 19 and July 21, cops said.
The 41-year-old biker stated that he parked his wheels between Park and Myrtle avenues at 4:30 pm on July 19. He arrived back on July 21 at 9:30 am and realized the bike had been stolen, police said.
• A miscreant stole a 1999 Dodge Caravan from its parking spot on the corner of Ashland Place and Myrtle Avenue on July 19 or 20, an NYPD account states.
The 42-year-old owner told police she parked it on July 19 at 6 pm and returned at 1 am the next day, but the minivan had vanished.
• Another Dodge Caravan was stolen from Park Avenue sometime between July 23 and July 24.
The 56-year-old owner said he parked somewhere on Park Avenue at 7:30 pm on July 23 and found himself down a van at 7:30 pm the next day.