American Cheez bar in Park Slope

Bartoonist gets cheesy

American Cheez [444 Seventh Ave. at 15th St. in Park Slope. (347) 725–4665, www.facebook.com/americancheez]. Open Mon–Fri, 3 pm–4 am; Sat, Sun, noon–4 am.

Updated 10:16 pm, July 9, 2018

Brooklyn Gersh from The WT says:
Not enough has been written about Bill Roundy, who has singlehandedly created an entirely new genre of nightlife criticism: The bartoon. Every week, this sketch and story make my Friday.
Jan. 10, 2014, 10:39 am
T-Bone from DoBro says:
Agreed, bartoon is the best
Jan. 10, 2014, 11:50 am
Nathan Tempey (Brooklyn Paper) says:
Bill Roundy is a national treasure.
Jan. 10, 2014, 12:13 pm
Elio Di Rupo from Belgium says:
I read much this website. I am live in Belgium. Bill Roundy is a treasure international, yes?
Jan. 10, 2014, 1:44 pm
John Wasserman from Prospect Heights says:
I hate to ask this on such short notice, but I just a little confused about the man in these photographs who declares that "it's a new record/everyone gets a shot":
Is he the owner, and employee, or a customer?
I see him in the 2nd shot enjoying a beer with our Bartooning character (perhaps informing him about the bar which would lead me to believe he is the owner, since there are already 2 established employees there on a slow. snowy night).
But it's also quite possible that he is just a friend of the bar who has been there every day for 2 weeks.
Pardon the interruption, and I welcome any input you may have.
Jan. 10, 2014, 1:57 pm
rusty from chicago says:
someone fly bill to the midwest so we can borrow him for a few months. would love reviews of bars around here as well!
Jan. 10, 2014, 1:58 pm
John Wasserman from Prospect Heights says:
Pardon the suggestion, but perhaps the man in question is "the unofficial Mayor of American Cheez"? Sorry to interrupt.
Jan. 10, 2014, 4:41 pm
Matt from Park Slope says:
I was one of the team members who broke the puzzle record. Woohoo! Now memorialized/immortalized forever
Jan. 11, 2014, 11:51 pm