Doormen accused of hogging parking spots in Slope ‘parking ring’

The doormen at a posh Park Slope building are running a “Seinfeld”-style parking spot-saving scheme that has triggered mini-war between drivers hunting for spaces, neighbors say.

Residents at 27 Prospect Park West pay their doormen to park their cars on street cleaning days — but the doormen intentionally create un-parkable “half spaces” on Montgomery Place to save spots for other tenants’s vehicles, homeowners on the block allege.

“I don’t want to sound petty — but I can’t take it anymore,” said neighbor Maura Collins, who is often forced to park around the corner, or further, when alternate side parking hours end. “It’s just so galling.”

Angry Park Slope motorists claim the “parking ring” operates on Monday and Tuesday mornings after street cleaning ends on Montgomery Place at around 10:30 am.

Neighbors are so fed up that the Montgomery Place Block Association even put the problem on its September meeting agenda.

Other residents have gone to greater lengths to stop an alleged parking scheme not unlike one hatched by “Seinfeld” character George Costanza in an episode fittingly titled “The Alternate Side.”

Collins claims she has confronted the doormen, snapped photographic evidence and even called the cops, to no avail.

A doorman at 27 Prospect Park West said that his colleague George (though, not Costanza) is in charge of parking operations on Tuesday mornings.

George refused to discuss allegations of spot-saving earlier this week.

“I don’t know what they’re talking about,” he said. “I have no comments on your issue.”

Residents of the building did not confirm the existence of the alleged parking ring.

But drivers say something must give.

“It’s frustrating,” said Micheal, a resident and merchant, who asked that his last name be withheld because he didn’t want to make his neighbors at 27 Prospect Park West mad.

He said parking — and spot-saving — became so problematic that he finally broke down and bought a private spot nearby.

“What can you do?” he said. “There’s really no law against it.”

Indeed, a police spokeswoman said cops — and traffic agents — can do nothing to stop the space-saving agreement.

“It’s not criminal,” said Detective Cheryl Crispin. “But it’s certainly not very neighborly.”

Reach reporter Natalie O'Neill at noneill@cnglocal.com or by calling her at (718) 260-4505.
Updated 5:30 pm, July 9, 2018

mike from GP says:

You're right, it is petty. Forced to park around the corner -- oh, the humanity! Give me a friggin' break.
Feb. 16, 2012, 7:57 am
WW from Bay Ridge says:
Who has a junker to sacrifice and play the same game?
Feb. 16, 2012, 8:52 am
Tony from Park Slope says:
No doubt that the schmucks at 27 PPW are the one's fighting the bike lane as well.

Park Slope has become a real ——house neighborhood with all of these scumbag former yuppies coming in with a sense of entitlement. Maybe it is time to start f*cking up the car paint jobs on the cars being parked by the oorman.
Feb. 16, 2012, 9:11 am
Marcie from Park Slope says:
Pay the doormen at 27 to park your car. Issue solved.
Feb. 16, 2012, 9:32 am
J from BK says:
"A doorman at 27 Prospect Park West allegedly leaves gaps of wasted curb space in front and behind each vehicle he parks — keeping other drivers from getting a spot on their block. When it comes time to park another car, the doorman simply moves the first car forward — creating a parking spot where none existed before."

Umm, that only works until the guy in front or behind that car leaves and someone else parks there without consideration for the doorman's lovely scheme. Next story!

Ah well, at least Natalie is writing something about that controversial-in-her-mind bike lane...
Feb. 16, 2012, 9:40 am
S from PPW says:
WHAT ABOUT THE BIKE LANE?

Can Louise Hainline sue 27 Prospect Park West?
Feb. 16, 2012, 9:56 am
Floyders from Park Slope says:
We live on the block and have frequently seen this. We always assumed it was just careless or stupid parking, or an adjacent car having left and a smaller car moving in to replace it. It also seems to happen much more frequebntly on the east end of the block which is closer to 27. One way toi deal with it is to ask the doorman if he has the keys to a car that's hogging two spots and to let them knw that we're we're watching. It's a crappy way to live, but what else can you do?
Feb. 16, 2012, 10:16 am
George CantStandYa from ParkSlope says:
How are those cars not all keyed by now?? What's happened to Brooklyn?
Feb. 16, 2012, 10:19 am
Shira from Brooklyn says:
Can you believe that Maura Collins, who lives in a city where dozens of people live on top of each other and where apartment buildings are only a few car lengths long, can't park her own car right in front of her own apartment? She has to park around the corner! Or further! How horrible! God forbid she have to -- shudder -- walk more than half a block from her car to her door.
Feb. 16, 2012, 10:31 am
Norman Iris Carswell from Park Slope says:
Damned bike lane.
Feb. 16, 2012, 10:32 am
Eugene from Park Slope says:
I don't remember anything similar to this on Seinfeld. Are they referring to George and Kramer's friend arguing about a space? That's not really similar, except that both the show and the article deal woth the issue of parking. Can someone refresh my memory?
Feb. 16, 2012, 10:47 am
Will from Park Slope says:
If you have any doubts about this, take a look at the Google Maps Street view http://g.co/maps/wfsav
There is an extraordinarily large amount of "half-spots"

And everyone who says, "just park around the corner" obviously does not live in Park Slope. If you can get a spot withing 5 blocks of your apartment it is an accomplishment.
Feb. 16, 2012, 11:01 am
Other Michael from Park Slope says:
This is pretty common. I have seen doorman do it in many other places.
Feb. 16, 2012, 11:09 am
Bilbeau from Park slope says:
Jerry was having his car parked on the street by a guy on alternate side parking day. George found out the guy was going on vacation and took over for him. "hilarity" ensues
Feb. 16, 2012, 11:11 am
S from PPW says:
Feb. 16, 2012, 11:31 am
Allison from Park Slope says:
I can attest to the fact that there are an epidemic of half spots on Montgomery. Between the entitlement issues of the "have nots" who screw up the works by moving their cars back directly in front of the mansion at 10:05 and the parking kabal at the top of the block hoarding spots, it is both hilariously bad and completely maddening. If it was just one or the other, we deprived self-parkers of Montgomery could deal but the combination of the two is increasingly untenable. Not untenable enough, mind you, to get rid of the car but annoying as sh*t. But the best part of the whole deal is Maura's parking etiquette guide, which I'm still waiting on!
Feb. 16, 2012, 11:38 am
whyevendrive from takethefrigginsubway says:
Seriously, key the cars. Or, slash the tires. That'll stop the parking ring REAAAALLLY fast.
Feb. 16, 2012, 11:51 am
Greg from BK says:
"Here's a radical idea for always being able to find a parking space when and where you want it: stop expecting to store your car on the street at taxpayer expense and start paying for a private garage."

Really? That's the plan? Then you'll be complaining how ever other building in Park Slope is a parking garage. People with cars pay taxes that pay for the roads too. Just because not every taxpayer uses the streets for parking doesn't mean that no taxpayer money should be used for streets that allow parking. That's like saying that since I'm not on social security, all the people who are should just go get a job or come out of retirement, right?

Some people need cars, and not everyone can afford a garage, you self-righteous dick.
Feb. 16, 2012, 12:03 pm
Paul from Clinton Hill says:
Eugene-

You don't remember the epidsode when George was moving cars on Jerry's block in place of Sid, a crotchedy old guy who was going out of town? George couldn't handle the pressure and couldn't figure out the alarms and singlehandedly stopped production of a Woody Allen film and crashed Jerry's rental car into an ambulence that was on the way to Elaine's ailing (older) boyfriend. #thesepretzelsaremakingmethirsty

Classic!
Feb. 16, 2012, 12:11 pm
S from PPW says:
Ah, the old "I pay road tax" argument. You really want to go there? People who don't own cars pay taxes that pay for the roads too. The fees associated with driving -- registration, taxes, gas taxes, etc. -- barely cover 50% of the cost of keeping roads in good shape.

Social security is a terrible analogy. There's a social benefit to a society not having destitute seniors going hungry or unable to pay the rent. There's no social benefit to a person parking his car on the street, especially when that person can afford to pay someone to park it for him.

I'm all for taxpayer supported roads, since I like to avail myself of delivery services, police protection, fire department responses, and more when I'm not driving.

I also park my car on the street most of the time. I don't think it's necessarily fair to my carless neighbors that I can park my personal property on the street and have everyone chip in for that privilege, but I guess that's how it goes right now.

Because I have this amazingly free privilege of parking my car for free, I don't complain about having to circle for a spot or park AROUND THE CORNER from my apartment. That's the price of owning a car in the big city. You want that kind of convenience? Move. It's New York, not New Jersey. It's not exactly breaking news that people here hog parking spaces.

And, hey, I'm not saying ALL people need to garage their cars. Just the ones who complain all the time about parking.

If drivers like yourself who actually need cars to get places subways and buses don't go really want to get angry at someone, they should start getting angry at all the people who own cars around here but don't really need them. And if you live in a building with a doorman who you can pay to be your personal valet, then I'm guessing you can afford a garage.

No need for name calling. But I guess all that time you spend circling for parking has really made you angry.
Feb. 16, 2012, 12:16 pm
Greg from BK says:
Fine, the name calling was unnecessary... I just think it's a bit simplistic to say "get a garage space" as the solution.

And sure, maybe it's not fair to the carless that i get to park my car in part because of their taxes, But who says everything has to be fair? I have a car, my neighbor doesn't. Both our taxes go toward paying for my free parking. Boo hoo. Everyone wants the extremely rich to pay more taxes too, and no one (except the extremely rich) thinks that's unfair.

And isn't there a social benefit to having plentiful street parking available, and not having tons of cars circling the streets just looking for parking, clogging up the lanes for other people who are actually going somewhere like emergency vehicles and deliveries? I'm sure we'll see all the benefits when the arena opens and thousands of extra cars are pouring into brooklyn.

I recognize the pitfalls of owning a car in NYC. Not complaining about that, but was just taken aback by your 'solution."
Feb. 16, 2012, 1:09 pm
db from TriBeCa says:
Cant afford proper parking space? Don't drive guys. I bet you end up paying almost as much as the monthly fees when you add up all the scratches and tickets you get on a monthly basis.
Feb. 16, 2012, 1:11 pm
ch from bh says:
This explains so much about the nimrods fighting the PPW Bike Lane.

NBBL and SFS are exposed for what they have always been: a bunch of spoiled old rich people upset that their (city-paid) free parking spaces have been taken away.

C:
Feb. 16, 2012, 1:50 pm
tom from sunset park says:
What goes around, comes around. With some unique exceptions this is a common thing in Manhattan. I'm familiar with the UWS where my cousin pays for it. You know, off-street parking is sometimes just not available.
Here in my nabe, on my block, we have POVs with NYPD placards following the cleaning truck down the street to be first and closest-to-their-desk on cleaning days. We at least were successful in getting them to move for the cleaning and not straddle the sidewalk(OH, my aching water line!), so we should be grateful.
You all should invest some time and follow the cleaning truck several mornings. That will remove the profit and finish off any scheme.
Feb. 16, 2012, 1:52 pm
ilovebrooklyn from PPW says:
Some people have way too much time on their hands.
Feb. 16, 2012, 2:15 pm
martin from Canada says:
Viva Cuba
Feb. 16, 2012, 2:16 pm
martin from Canada says:
Viva Cuba
Feb. 16, 2012, 2:16 pm
martin from Canada says:
Viva Cuba
Feb. 16, 2012, 2:16 pm
Dave from Reality says:
Ha ha. People who own cars in cities deserve each other.
Feb. 16, 2012, 2:20 pm
Chickstar from Lower East Side says:
This goes on in my neighborhood all the time and it's not the doormen (because we don't have any..lol) The people from the neighborhood that know each other, save parking for one another by doing exactly what the article states above. Hence why the same people over and over get the good spots.
Feb. 16, 2012, 3:26 pm
I used to take up two spots once in a while because it was in front of my neighbor's house... and she was a total jerk. Total petty spite, nothing to do with street cleaning. :-)
Feb. 16, 2012, 3:32 pm
Uncle Fester from park slope says:
Then there's the guy on Carroll Street with multiple cars (including the white pick up truck) who regularly takes up a number of spaces, and also uses pails full of concrete to block others. Mighty neighborly.
Feb. 16, 2012, 3:53 pm
Viggy from Park Slope says:
Bet if you drop one of his pails of concrete on his hood, he'll learn real fast.
Feb. 16, 2012, 4:17 pm
Tal Barzilai from Pleasantville, NY says:
What these doormen are doing is clearly against the law. They don't own the streets, and shouldn't have the right to do what they did. They are no better than those that are charging others to park in places and block them off when they are supposed to be for free or when feeding meters for others. Schemes like this must be stopped at once.
Feb. 16, 2012, 6:31 pm
Other Michael from Park Slope says:
" People with cars pay taxes that pay for the roads too."

I just actually renewed my car's registration. About $148 for two years. That tax is just over $6 a month is bargain to store my private property on public land.

I wish I could use a 15 foot long stretch of public land to keep other things I own
Feb. 16, 2012, 6:34 pm
Chris from Park Slope says:
The police office is mistaken.

First of all, parking violations are never criminal. Second, this conduct could be interpreted as being a violation of the rule -- namely the NYC Traffic Rules, if the respective law, § 4-08 is interpreted broadly. But I do think the rule should be redrafted to make this expressly illegal.

§ 4-08(n)(7) Unofficial reserving of parking space. It shall be unlawful for any person to reserve or attempt to reserve a parking space, or prevent any vehicle from parking on a public street through his/her presence in the roadway, the use of hand-signals, or by placing any box, can, crate, hand-cart, dolly or any other device, including unauthorized pavement, curb or street markings or signs in the roadway.

"Device" means "a plan or scheme for effecting a purpose.," thus:

It shall be unlawful for any person to reserve or attempt to reserve a parking space . . . by any [plan or scheme for effecting such purpose] . . . ."

(FYI, I live on 8th and Montgomery and know that building, and the doorman do indeed move the cars on Mondays and Tuesday)

Thanks.
Feb. 16, 2012, 6:38 pm
Jack from Bay Ridge says:
Parking spaces are fair game - there aren't enough parking garages in Park Slope, or Bay Ridge, where I live. My favorite passive aggressive response to bad parking etiquette is simple. Slide the rubber wiper blades out of the wiper arms and drop them down the space in front of the windshield (can't have theft now, can we). Then laugh like hell the next time it rains picturing these inconsiderate clowns switching on their wipers.
Feb. 16, 2012, 6:59 pm
Other Michael from Park Slope says:
"Tal Barzilai from Pleasantville, NY says:
What these doormen are doing is clearly against the law"

What law?

Tal you know less about the law than you know about the reality of living in Park Slope, or NYC for that matter.

What they are doing sucks if you can't finds a spot, but it is what doormen do all over NYC.
Feb. 16, 2012, 7:01 pm
Tal Barzilai from Pleasantville, NY says:
I say doormen should no longer be allowed to do this especially if it makes it harder for others to find a spot themselves. The person who owns that car should be completely responsible for it. If any doormen are doing this, they should be either fined heavily for this or even arrested in that matter.
Feb. 16, 2012, 10:21 pm
JD from PS says:
A lot of parking spaces are being taken by people who do not live in the area. They use the street for car storage while they commute. This problem of improperly holding parking spots can be solved in several ways. Resident parking permits, renting and/or selling the spots to adjacent homeowners. There are just too many cars with not enough space and its only going to get worst. Eventually muni meters will creep up from the avenues and that will surely end the problem.
Feb. 16, 2012, 10:26 pm
Tal -- I agree this is ridiculous, selfish behavior... but you're still just talking crazy (as usual). What else should people be "completely responsible for"?? Am i allowed to send out my laundry? Can I hire someone to shovel my sidewalk? Can I use a taxi?

Doormen and other building staff are the employees of the building residents. They do what their employers hire them to do. Moving cars is the same as signing for packages and vacuuming the hallways.

Many of the residents of PPW (and many other "full-service" buildings) are total dicks and unneighborly. They're not breaking the law. Distance from the curb. Distance from hydrants. Those are laws. Parking like a jerk. No law for that.
Feb. 16, 2012, 10:57 pm
Other Michael from Park Slope says:
Ty

I think Tal assumes we all live in a world were we all have driveways and park between the lines.
Feb. 17, 2012, 8:56 am
Leccsl from montgomery says:
I live on the block and can attest that it is a real problem. I don't object to the doormen moving the cars, the problem is that they move the cars back 30 minutes before cleaning ends to reserve spots, and maintain those empty spots throughout the week. Anyone who has tried to park in this neighborhood understands the frustration of circling for an eternity while these half spots sit empty. And if asked to help, the doormen play dumb. I don't think this could happen without the complicity of the building residents, and I would suggest to them that if they want a parking spot that is available at will they rent one,rather than taking it from a neighbor.
Prior attempts to get the building on board were ignored. It's interesting to note that today the cars at the corner are tucked in snugly for the first time in forever.
Feb. 17, 2012, 9:17 am
Unhip from Park Slope says:
I don't think it's necessarily fair to your childless neighbors that we have to chip in for the education of breeder spawn, but I guess that's how it goes.
Feb. 17, 2012, 10:53 am
Chris from Bushwick says:
it's not just a PP issue now about people parking all day and commuting. We have a retail store in bushwick and residents / commuters park in front and leave all day.
Feb. 17, 2012, 10:58 am
Living on Montgomery from Park Slope says:
Having seen this going on for over a year; having heard of the scorn, even laughter and intransigence of the perpetrators, and seeing it going unchecked and thereby virtually condoned - I thank the Brooklyn Paper and Ms. Collins for putting sunlight on this issue.

Living on the block, I know many people were very upset, frustrated and annoyed by this practice - but many refrained from doing anything out of fear of retribution by the perpetrators, out of lassitude or just an unwillingness to be involved in a conflict.

The practice of reserving spots is neither fair nor neighborly – and should not have been supported by passivity on the part of the building, its board, residents and those on the block.

For such a "liberal" neighborhood - it is indeed distressing that few people will to take the risk to stand up for what is right the community - even if it is quotidian issue in many respects. Ultimately, it’s about civil rights – not of race but of one person respecting the rights of another – if we let things like this go – the slippery slope could find us in a very dark place.

Looking in a broader context, my great concern is that we have become complacent in our bourgeois lives and are allowing self-interest and selfishness to rule our lives and relations with friends, our neighbors, community and even the world. It does take a village so kudos for Ms. Collins for raising this issue and refocusing us on fairness and civility. It does take a village…and I hope we can all learn from this small act of courage.

P.S. Since the reporters contacted the building seeking comment, you won’t be surprised to hear that we’ve never seen more gracefully aligned parking in years!
Feb. 17, 2012, 11:50 am
Liz Lemon from Bay Ridge says:
Here's an idea. Have the DOE paint parking spaces like they do in some parts of New Jersey. If you take up two spots, you get a ticket. It's a win win. People get more spots and the city gets more money for ticketing. Don't break the law and you won't get a ticket.
Feb. 17, 2012, 11:56 am
Paul from Montgomery Place says:
I've always noticed this but thought I was the only one who thought it was some doorman conspiracy.

Parking in the area already sucks and people like this just makes it worse. Finding a spot just around your corner makes you feel like a king, and that normally takes about 20-30 minutes worth of driving to find.
Feb. 17, 2012, 12:07 pm
Unhip -- You don't see the social benefit of universal education? It's the same as (tax-subsidized) free parking to you?
Feb. 17, 2012, 12:37 pm
Daquan13 from East Boston, Massachussetts says:
What this sick depraved moronic piece of crap individual didn't tell anyone about is about all of the goddamn drama, termoil, trouble & crap that HE'S caused!!!!! Here as well! Or that HE HIMSELF was banned from 3 forums where I'm a staff member, mainly mine, the Quarry!! If Tal's gonna tell it, then he needs to tell it right!!! This individual is an Internet Schoolyard Bully, and I use that term very loosely - a very notorious troublemaker of the worst kind who constantly Googles my name and TalB's name to find out where we are, then follows us there and then signs up there just to stir up goddamn drama, trouble & controversy against us both!! One who's hijacked, hacked, spammed and trolled my forum so badly with so much off-topic material like porn, grossly explicit photos and smirky comments and just kept on friggen coming back until I found a way to ban him and keep him out for good!! He needs to mind his own goddamn business and stop poking his nose in where it doesn't belong!!! I became so fed up with having to constsantly moderate his smirky, spamming & trolling remarks. He's one of the ones who spammed and trolled SSF so badly and poked fun at TalB and myself there, yet he has the balls to say that I was banned from a forum for posting ridiculous rants there?!! His butt had just joined SSL about a week or so ago using a copycat version of my screen name there, started right in with the blasted troublemaking there toward myself and TalB, and then he was banned from there in just two days!! His time there was very short-lived. Please. Then he joins SSA using MY screen name here, over there AND POSTING ONE OF MY own personal PICTURES of myself in his avatar! I put the breaks on that crap and asked the admin to make him remove the pic of me! It was removed. Any more trouble from him and he's banned from there as well. Yet he puts MY business out here!! This scumbag seriously needs to just go get a goddam life or a job!!! Then he found out that I'm an admin at The Crib. Comes there as a guest. Starts in on me right away! I banned him once, then he comes back with his names spelled backwards. I banned him & his IP address again. Comes to SkyscraperArchives.com, starts trouble there, stealing a pic of me and posts it there as his avatar. I pitched a ***** and complained to the admin who made him remove it. Puts up a pic of a K'Aid Stand Mixer there instead. I'm now a Super Moderator there, and my very first and foremost mission was to get rid of him from there, so I happily & swiftly BANNED him from THAT forum as well!! Hah!!!
This notorious chronically asinine troublemaker also started copying some of my posts here and revealing them over at SSP & SSC for the others to read as comic relief. I caught wind of this, told a mod here about it, furnished proof of it, AND NOW HE'S BEEN BANNED FROM HERE!! A little retribution for the constant fun-poking, aggravation and humiliation that he put myself & TalB through for 3 years!! He can take THIS over to SSP & SSC for the others to read for comic relief. Bet that he probably won't because he won't want to reveal to the others that he's probably totally too embarrassed for them to find out that he's been banned from here!!

And like McDonalds's, I'm LOVIN' it!!!!! I hate this individual with a pure passion something fierce!!! I wish that he would go crawl into a hole and DIE somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb. 17, 2012, 2:57 pm
Frank from Kensington says:
Dump your car and get a bike.

Get some freedom and exercise! You'll be a much happier person!

You'll be healthier ANDwe won't all have to pay exorbitant insurance rates when your fatty arteries land you in the hospital or cause you to have a wreck during your heart attack. We all suffer for your selfishness, so I don't care at all about the tragedy of your entitled parking spot!
Feb. 17, 2012, 3:32 pm
Daquan13 -- Who the hell/what the hell are you talking about?

Jeesh. Who is "he"?
Feb. 17, 2012, 3:32 pm
myvag from smellllllls says:
Burn the doormen!
Feb. 17, 2012, 3:35 pm
Joey from WV says:
Solution: "Permit Parking Only"
Feb. 17, 2012, 5:42 pm
Tal Barzilai from Pleasantville, NY says:
The purpose of doormen should only be to open up doors for those that live in the said appartment building they are in. That is what their job really is and should be limited to. My guess is that doing this means that they aren't making a lot, so they need to the extra money, because their job isn't enough for them. Maybe we don't doormen these days. Afterall, who needs to pay a person to open doors when the resident themselves can easily do it? I think some are just too lazy to do it themselves. As for that irrelevant comment, it's some cyberstalker that has been looking for me, though it could be the alter ego of someone here who tends to hate me, so I am looking at both ty and Other Michael here for that.
Feb. 17, 2012, 6:15 pm
Other Michael from Park Slope says:
Tal

Do you know anyone who live in a doorman building? Ask them what they do.
Feb. 17, 2012, 7:48 pm
takenoprisoners from park slope says:
not fair to damage the cars.....would be a shame if one of the doorman accidentially gets a hammer to the hand ( like when the blackjack palyers got caught cheating in the movie casino)
Feb. 17, 2012, 8:05 pm
disgusted from carroll gardens says:
Seriously guys if you are so pissed off about this then just torch one or 2 of the cars next time it happens. You WILL get the attention of the doormen and people in the building.
Feb. 17, 2012, 10:27 pm
H from Park Slope says:
Hydrofluoric acid on the cars being parked by the doormen. Pour it into the space between the hoods and the windshields. The cars will never run again and your problem will be solved.
Feb. 18, 2012, 12:53 pm
Greg from PS says:
Why torch the cars....it's the doormen who are the culprits. They even speed up the entire block in reverse to get into a spot. The bald doorman at that building is the WORSE, can't they pay for a better quality doorman.
Feb. 19, 2012, 5:31 pm
Tal Barzilai from Pleasantville, NY says:
All these undebunkable doormen are really just agents of streetsblogger. Just like Hamas is merely a stooge for Iran against Israel. I stand by my comments, but without deserving personal attacks. Irreguaurdless, whenever I speak the facts is when the zealout bikers and doormen get most agitated against the moral motorist majority.
Feb. 20, 2012, 10:43 pm
Neigbor from Park Slope says:
Simply put it is inconsiderate of the doormen and residents of the building to our neighbors in Park Slope when parking is difficult for all. On the other hand, it is alarming to read the comments posted from people that live in the neighborhood on both sides. I am ashamed to think we are neighbors.
Feb. 23, 2012, 10:29 pm
Daquan13 from East Boston says:
I am a law-abiding doorman that works on park avenue, and I resent Tal Barzilai's mischaracterization of me and my trade as unethical. The only reason why he is sore is because he was rejected for the same position a few months ago, when he asked if the company would provide free parking for him right in front of the building that he was going to work as a doorman. Management told him that nobody could park there as it was for drop offs and cab pickups, and he started in on some constitutional right for employers to provide parking priviliges for handicapped workers, to which he drew attention to his obesity which prevented him from taking the subway to work. Well, they showed him the curb, and he started yelling about Hamasing and Israel, and imminent domain. Something about a laywer father.
March 4, 2012, 5:59 pm
melly from canarsie says:
this —— happens every fogging where and its wrong! today a guy parked his car taking up 3 yes 3 parking spots and he left his hazard lights on. I saw it i didn't say a word I came home say him trying jump his car lol pay backs a bit#h lol
April 22, 2014, 6:11 pm