Working for the weekend? Here are 10 more reasons why, “the outer boroughs,” is the worst misnomer since killer whales and koala bears (as if you needed ’em).
• Who says the Wild West is dead? Well, these guys do. Zombies and cowpokes galore at the Bushwick Starr this weekend.
• What’s that? Thrifty spending AND drunken debauchery in one convenient location? You’ll be on your knees for sure after this North Brooklyn beer crawl.
• Dive into the history of Brooklyn’s most beloved waterway, with aquatic artifacts from the East River going on display at IKEA Erie Basin Park (yes, pirates are included).
• Hustle to the Brooklyn Museum to see the awesome new Vishnu exhibition.
• Toast to hot dogs, beer nuts and what just might be the best view in the city, courtesy of Brooklyn Bridge Park.
• Pay respects to the dead — in person — at Green-Wood Cemetery, where the Spoon River Project is running until this Sunday.
• Harken back to Brooklyn’s golden age (of golden, smoked fish, that is). No hook, line, or sinker required — just head on down to this new-old appetizing store on Smith Street.
• Witness the tragic downfall of a timeless Coney Island institution — illegal furniture stores — as they prepare to pull down their shutters for the last time (ottomans for cheap!).
• Summer blues? (Yeah right.) Pop into Park Slope’s Tea Lounge for a bona-fide how-to on keeping calm and carrying on.
• Flee up North for the afternoon, where Williamsburg’s DIY-types are giving the Brooklyn Flea a run for its money (pound cake and jazz music included).