Some jerk snatched an e-book reader from a guy who was waiting on the platform at the Seventh Avenue Q-train station on July 24.
The book worm victim told cops that he was reading his Amazon Kindle at around 4 am when another dude walked up to him and said, “You don’t want to see this.”
The perp then grabbed the trendy gadget and hopped on a Manhattan-bound train.
An aggressive bandit gershed a bike from a 22-year-old guy who had just unlocked his ride on Eighth Avenue on July 16.
The perp approached the victim between Lincoln and Berkeley places at around 10 pm, demanded his money, shoved him and then stole the cycle.
Two laptops and an iPhone were stolen from a 2003 Jeep that was parked in the Lowe’s lot on July 20.
The gadgets’ keeper told cops that he had gone inside the home improvement store on Second Avenue between Ninth and 10th streets for less than an hour around noon and returned to his car to find that he may need a new computer and phone more than he’ll need new furniture.
Some jerk smashed the window of a 2009 Nissan Sedan to gersh a bike on St. Marks Place between noon and 7 pm on July 22.
The car was parked between Fourth and Fifth avenues.
The rims and tires were swiped from a 2010 Infinity Sedan parked overnight on July 23 at the corner of Eighth street and Prospect Park West.
At least four people got their cars or motorcycles jacked this week. Here are the traffic-stopping details:
• A 2007 Sym Motorcycle was swiped from Prospect Park West between Fourth and Fifth streets on July 10. The victim told cops that he parked the bike at 1 pm and it was gone when he returned three hours later.
• A seemingly neglected 2004 Honda Civic was stolen from its parking spot on Lincoln Place sometime between July 6 and July 18. The cops said that there was no broken glass on the scene, between Sixth and Seventh avenues.
• A 2005 Vento scooter was taken from Fourth Avenue between 11th and 12th streets on July 14. The flashy ride’s owner told cops that she caught a glimpse of the robber’s grey-colored getaway van, which sported a Pennsylvania license plate, as it took off around 10:30 pm.
• A 2006 Nissan Altima was stolen from Fourth Avenue at President Street on July 24. The victim told cops that she parked her ride around 1:30 pm on July 10, but it was gone seven hours later.
At least four absent-minded people got their stuff swiped right out from under their noses in public places. Here are the frustrating details:
• Some guy eating at the Station Diner on Fourth Avenue between Union and President streets stole a waitress’s MacBook on July 21 around 10 pm. Security cameras show that the thief stealthily took the laptop from a table and put it inside his own bag.
• A robber stole a bag containing cash, cards, prescription eye glasses, insulin and a blood sugar test kit from Rachel’s Taqueria on Fifth Avenue on July 21. The bag’s owner told cops that she was eating at the Mexican restaurant, between Seventh and Eighth streets, at around 9 pm. She said that she didn’t even notice someone taking her satchel.
• A thief preyed on a woman attending a July 23 class with her child at the Music Together center on First Street, stealing her wallet from the building, between Sixth and Seventh streets, at around noon. The woman told cops that she left her purse on a chair and was distracted while doing musical activities for an hour.
• Someone stole a designer purse from a woman who was watching a play at the Gowanus Arts Building on Douglass Street between Third and Fourth Avenues on July 22. The owner of the Baggalini bag told cops that the show’s attendees left their stuff in the same corner at around 4 pm, but she was the unlucky one who got ripped off. The purse contained cash, cards and an iPhone.
— Alex Rush