Talk about getting the lead out...
Bay Ridge firefighters were quick to respond to a 911 call about a mercury scare at the NYC transit facility on Fourth Avenue and 64th Street last week.
Witnesses said firefighters seemed to be coming out of the woodwork after the call was made at 3:40 p.m. on December 10.
But the entire thing ended up being nothing but a false alarm -- or at least an unplanned exercise for New York’s bravest.
A hazmat team investigated the substance, which was first believed to be 15 pounds of mercury left in a bucket, but soon learned that it wasn’t mercury or any other harmful element.