During the month of January, Edward R. Murrow High School’s Music Department and Music Institute, with the support of the Murrow Music Sponsors, will present a series of musical concerts for the Brooklyn community.
The musical events scheduled are:
• Vocalfest, January 9, featuring songs sung by soloist or small groups.
• Winter Concert Part One, January 15, featuring the Orchestra, Women’s Chorus, Mixed Chorus and Jazz Band.
• Winter Concert Part Two, January 16, featuring the Concert Band, Madrigal Choir, Symphonic Band and Gospel Chorus.
• Digital Music Concert, January 22, a multi-media event.
• Chamber Music Concert, January 23, Classical music in solo and small group settings.
Tickets will be on sale in room 150, weekdays between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., starting January 6.
Tickets for the Vocalfest, Digital Music Concert and the Ensemble Music Concert are $6 in advance; $8 at the door.
Tickets are the two night Winter Concert are $7 for each night and $12 for both nights in advance; $10 at the door.
All the concerts will be held at Edward R. Murrow High School, 1600 Avenue L, and begin at 7 p.m.
For information and group ticket sales, call Assistant Principal of Music Tom Toriello at 718-258-9283 extension 119 or email ttoriel@sc