The weather outside may be frightful, but there is so much going on this weekend. Here are The Weekender’s suggestions:
• You gotta decide for yourself about BAM’s production of “The Cherry Orchard” after reading Gersh Kuntzman’s slam.
• Celebrate “V-J Day” — like this couple — in Cadman Plaza.
• Start setting your calendar for the day when we finally have a new president — thanks to GO Brooklyn’s handy inauguration week guide.
• The Brooklyn Flea continues its run — indoors — in DUMBO!
• On either Saturday or Sunday, head to Puppetworks for the new, “Sleeping Beauty.” Trey Dooley raved about it.
• There are a bunch of new restaurants. Here are a few.
• The drunken art exhibition is still up at Sputnik in Clinton Hill.
• And on Sunday on 3 pm, schmooze the likes of WNYC’s Brian Lehrer the station’s Martin Luther King Day panel discussion at the Brooklyn Museum.
• Don’t — repeat, don’t — go to the public library this Sunday.