For one night this summer, the Brooklyn Cyclones will be transformed into the Baracklyn Cyclones, honoring the President of the United States, Barack Obama, June 23.
In the spirit of the president, the Cyclones have implemented a few of his policies, which will ensure fun for all who attend the night of patriotic partying at KeySpan Park, 1904 Surf Avenue, including:
• Alternate red, white, and blue jerseys adorned with the team’s new name
• Free Barack Obama bobbleheads to the first 2,500 fans in attendance, featuring the President in a Baracklyn Cyclones Jersey
• Universal Health Care: Free Band−Aids to the first 1,000 fans
• Naming Rights: Anyone named Barack gets in for free
• Joe the Plumber special: Any plumber named Joe gets two free tickets — one for himself, and one to “spread the wealth” with a friend
• A clear−cut Exit Strategy: Fans will receive American flags and discount coupons as they leave the ballpark
In hopes of the inspiration for the game himself appearing, the ‘Baracklyn’ Cyclones will hold four seats for the Presidential family behind home plate if they wish to attend.
Additionally, game worn jerseys will be auctioned off with proceeds being donated to the Jackie Robinson Foundation.
The Brooklyn Cyclones will play 38 home games. Individual game tickets range in price from $8−$15. Tickets can be purchased at the KeySpan Park and Citi Field ticket offices, by phone at 718−507−TIXX (8499), and on the web at www.brookl