The New York Junior Tennis League’s annual spring program is offering free tennis to youngsters ages six to 18 at various locations throughout Brooklyn. Trained coaches will provide a comprehensive schedule of instruction, practice and play for all levels.
The spring program, which runs through June 26, includes special trips, tournaments, contests and educational guidance programs. Tennis activities include group instruction, practice and USTA Junior Team Tennis match play. Each site provides loaner tennis racquets and balls.
Parents must register their children in person at the NYJTL Community Tennis Center that they select. All children are welcome at all locations and local community children’s groups are also encouraged to attend.
The NYJTL Free Spring Tennis Programs will be held at the following Brooklyn locations:
• PS 249, 18 Marlborough Road (Flatbush), Monday−Friday, 3−6 p.m.
• IS 211, 1001 East 100 Street (Canarsie), Monday−Friday, 3−6 p.m.
• IS 302, 350 Linwood Street (East New York), Monday−Friday, 3−6 p.m., 718−277−3522.
• MS 443, 330 East 18th Street, Monday−Friday, 3−6 p.m.
• Linden Park, Stanley & Vermont avenues (East New York), Monday−Friday, 3−6 p.m.
• McDonald Park, McDonald Avenue, between Avenue S & T (Gravesend), Monday−Friday, 3:30−6:30 p.m. and Saturday, 9:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m.., 718−382−4414.
• Highland Park, Jamaica Avenue & Highland Boulevard, Monday−Friday, 3−6 p.m.