Rain or shine there’s plenty to do this weekend, so let the weekender be your guide:
• Before heading out into Brooklyn this weekend, listen to Frank Hoier’s latest song about a mugging on the J train.
• Blow the dust of your old turntable before stopping by Tony Mignone’s Record and Tape Center to pick up a new LP (or an old one!).
• Kick back and watch our hilarious tribute to Evan Gardner, the Brooklyn Paper’s longest-serving intern.
• Prepare for a full summer with our special GO Brooklyn guide to the best staycation … ever!
• Indulge you’re inner foodie with a trip to the Park Slope’s newest cheese shop, Bklyn Larder.
• Enjoy the “Muslim Voices” festival all weekend at the Brooklyn Academy of Music. It even has a “Richard III” set in a Middle East dictatorship!
• On Saturday, jump on the maiden voyages of the free ferry to Governors Island.
• Take part in the annual Atlantic Avenue Artwalk.
• Everyone loves beer, so come by the Bell House on Sunday and watch amateur chefs go head-to-head, trying to create the best suds-flavored dish. You can expect the beer to flow freely, so come thirsty. Brooklyn Beer Experiment at the Bell House [149 Seventh St., between Second and Third avenues in Gowanus, (718) 643-651]. $18.
• Use our user’s guide to the G train — and explore some new neighborhoods!
• Go to DUMBO and get this ice cream by Jacques Torres! The Willy Wonka of Water Street has done it again!
And if you must stay inside:
• Go to Joe Chirico’s new wine bar on Court Street.