Thieves ran amok in Fort Greene and Clinton Hill last week, stealing motorcycles and mopeds from all over the two neighborhoods.
• Police intercepted a gang of four teens attempting to haul away a Vespa scooter on Park Avenue on May 25. A chase ensued at 2:20 am, during which one of the suspects broke his leg. Police say they caught him, 16, and another 16-year-old hooligan.
• Two men heisted a Kawasaki parked on Washington Avenue early on May 25. Around 5:15 am, two men were seen on a surveillance tape “casing” the parked bike between Atlantic Avenue and Fulton Street. Minutes later, a white van pulled up alongside the motorbike, two men hopped out and lifted the Kawasaki.
• A 31-year-old man lost the Yamaha that he parked near the corner of Washington Park and DeKalb Avenue on May 25 at 1 pm. He returned the next day at 2:30 pm to find it gone.
• A fast-moving bikejacker stole a moped from a deliveryman from a Japanese restaurant while the worker handed off food ordered by someone on Grand Avenue on May 26. The unseen thief grabbed the bike in the minutes it took for the victim, 36, to hop from his Yamaha and deliver the order at 1:05 pm between Gates and Putnam avenues.
• A scooter was stolen from Carlton Avenue on the morning of May 25. The owner, 32, said he parked the bike at midnight, but it was gone by 7 am.
• A 35-year-old woman returning from vacation on May 27 told police that someone stole the Vespa that she had left on Lafayette Avenue between S. Portland Avenue and S. Oxford Street.
Burglars stole laptop computers from four homes last week.
In one incident, a 22-year-old woman told police that a thief entered her apartment on Emerson Place between Park and Myrtle avenues while she was out from 8 pm to 9:30 pm and took her Dell laptop.
Blocks away, near the corner of Greene Avenue and Adelphi Street, a woman, 30, said an intruder nabbed her computer when she was not home from 1 pm on May 22 to 2 am on May 25. She suspected that the thief entered through her broken patio door.
An intruder broke into a Fort Greene Place building on May 28 and stole two laptops from a 41-year-old woman’s apartment. The crime was reported at noon when a neighbor came home and saw damage to the building’s front door.
Someone stole three laptops and a flat-screen television from a woman on Lafayette Avenue on May 28, and the victim thinks that the crooks might be the contractors she hired to make home improvements. The victim, 50, left 1:45 pm and returned at 5:30 pm, finding her front door ajar and damaged. Her downstairs neighbor told police she saw a worker standing in the doorway at 5 pm
Two teens beat up a 15-year-old boy who tried to stop the punks from stealing his skateboard at the corner of Lafayette and Vanderbilt avenues on May 26.
The victim told police his board lay on the ground while he waited at the bus stop at 5 pm with friends. One of the attackers took it and when the boy tried to recover it, the fight erupted with the hooligans, who escaped.
Minutes later and farther west on Lafayette Avenue at the corner of Clermont Avenue, two young ruffians clobbered another teen. At 5:20, this pair approached a 16-year-old, and after one of the criminals brandished a razor blade, they demanded his cellphone. The victim gave it to them, but they still punched him in the head, knocked him to the ground and causing him to lose consciousness.