The snow outside is melting and things are warming up for the weekend! Here are The Weekender’s suggestions:
• Hungry? Because The Brooklyn Paper has dubbed the borough, “Hog Heaven.” Here is our roundup of the best places to eat everything from snout to tail. If you decide to stay in, why not use Sweet Melissa’s bacon-rich recipe to whip up a delicious Quiche Lorraine?
• You could get a breakfast pizza at the new Ortine restaurant in Prospect Heights — and then stay for lunch and dinner, too.
• Check out the Israeli dance troupe that ticked off Palestinian protesters, performing through Saturday at BAM.
• See trash turned into art at this Atlantic Yards-themed installment.
• Donate a pint of blood — and get a pint of beer!
• And East River State Park is open again in Williamsburg.
• Try the revamped — and renamed — Mediterranean eatery, Barberry, also in Williamsburg.
• On Saturday, protest the Iraq war by singing along to a cabaret! With dance, hip hop, poetry performances and more, this exhibition at the PowerHouse Arena will benefit the Iraq Veterans Against the War. It’s called “2,191 Days and Counting,” and it’s at 6 pm at the PowerHouse Arena [37 Main St. at Water Street in DUMBO, (718) 666-3049]. Tickets are $10. For info, visitwww.powerh
• The Brooklyn Flea will be hopping as always in DUMBO.
• You could buy Dan Zanes’s new album — if you love God, that is.
• You can still catch “Sleeping Beauty” at Puppetworks. Our own Trey Dooley raved about it.