The Brooklyn Paper
Share on TwitterTweet
Share on Facebook

Don’t miss our updates:

XXX show

A 44-year-old man apparently got his movie houses mixed up — and ended up giving people an X-rated show they never paid for — when he was found masturbating inside the UA Movie Theater, 3907 Shore Parkway, officials alleged.

Cops were called to the Cineplex just before 10:30 p.m. on October 24, where workers told police that Ernie Mejia, a resident of Avenue H in Flatlands, was reportedly spotted pleasuring himself inside one of the theaters.

There were children present in the theater when he decided to grapple with his personal passions, officials alleged.

It was unclear what movie was playing when this incident took place.

Cops took Mejia into custody, charging him with public lewdness.

Senior robber busted

A 43-year-old Coney Island man was arrested last week after he was allegedly spotted robbing a 71-year-old senior on West 23rd Street.

Cops from the PSA1 said that they were on patrol at 9:40 a.m. on October 26 when they allegedly saw Mark Monroe slapping and putting the 71-year-old in a headlock.

When the officers approached, Monroe allegedly ran off, but was apprehended following a brief chase.

His victim claimed that when Monroe allegedly confronted him, he was told that he wasn’t going anywhere until he gave the 43-year-old everything in his pockets.

Monroe reportedly had his hand jammed into his pocket as if he had a gun, prosecutors said.

Police charged Monroe with robbery, assault, grand larceny, petit larceny, resisting arrest and criminal possession of stolen property.

Knocked out

A 21-year-old man from New Jersey was beaten within an inch of his life by a group of thugs wielding baseball bats as his girlfriend watched just yards away in is car across the street.

Officials said that the victim was knocked unconscious and suffered from cranial bleeding following the apparently unprovoked attack, which took place at the corner of McDonald Avenue and Avenue X at 10 p.m. on October 23.

The victim said that the suspects jumped him after he came out of an address near the corner.

He was rushed to Maimonides Medical Center, where he underwent surgery for the cranial bleeding.

Cops were still looking for the assailants at this paper went to press.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to contact the 61st Precinct at (718) 627-6611. All calls will be kept confidential.

Home invaders sought

Police are looking for two thugs in connection with a raid on an East 23rd Street home in Sheepshead Bay.

Police were told that the victim, 30, was upstairs in his home just before 10:30 p.m. on October 19 when the two unidentified males surprised him.

The men reportedly struck their victim in the head with a hammer and then emptied his night stand of $1,000.

The victim’s girlfriend told police that she did not know that anyone was in the home with her and her boyfriend until she saw the two thieves scramble downstairs and go out the door.

No serious injuries were reported.

Cops are asking anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to come forward.

Calls can be made to the 61st Precinct at (718) 627-6611. All calls will be kept confidential.

More hammer heads

A quarreling couple was arrested last week after they allegedly attacked each other with a hammer.

Police said that they were called to the couple’s Gravesend home on 86th Street at 11 p.m. on October 20 when both the 59-year-old man and the 41-year-old woman each claimed that the other had attacked them.

The hammer swinging took place in the couple’s bedroom, officials said.

Police said that since both victims had injuries, both were taken into custody, charged with assault.

One-stop robbing

A thief made off with a man’s wallet as the victim exited a store on 86th Street near McDonald Avenue in Gravesend, officials said.

The victim, 28, told police that the thief, a 25-year-old black male was inside the store at 11 p.m. on October 20 when he stepped inside.

As he picked up a few items, the younger man left, but waited outside until the victim exited.

“What have we here?” the thief asked as he snaked out the victim’s wallet from his pocket.

When the victim tried to get the wallet back, the thief flashed a gun with a long barrel.

He then ran off into the night with his victim’s wallet, which contained about $35 in cash.

No injuries were reported.

Sidekick steal

Three thieves are being sought for robbing a 17-year-old girl of her pricey Sidekick cell phone as she waited for a train at the Avenue X station.

The woman said that she was on the train platform at 1:40 p.m. on October 21 when the three suspects, described only as black males between 16 and 17-years-old, ran by her.

When one of the suspects grabbed the $300 phone from her hand, the young woman tried to snag it back, starting a struggle with all three thieves.

The thieves got the upper hand in the end and ran off, leaving the young woman unharmed, officials said.

Pedal punch

An admittedly drunken bicyclist was punched in the face and knocked off his wheels as he pedaled past the corner of Emmons Avenue and Shore Boulevard last week, officials said.

Cops were told that the free-wheeling weaver was rolling near the corner just before 1:30 p.m. on October 26 when suspect Kirill Naumov, 19, a resident of East 14th Street in Flatbush allegedly socked him in the face for no apparent reason.

The victim was rushed to Lutheran Medical Center for treatment while Naumov was taken to the 61st Precinct on assault charges.

Once they reached the Coney Island Avenue stationhouse, investigators learned that there was a warrant out for his arrest.

It was unclear what the warrant was for as this paper went to press.

Brute force

Cops in Coney Island are hunting for three thugs who dragged a man into an alley and beat him during a recent mugging.

Officials said that the 30-year-old victim was walking along Brighton 4th Street between Oceanview Avenue and Brighton Beach Avenue at 5:20 a.m. on October 15 when the three suspects, described only as black males, approached him.

The suspects punched their victim in the face and chased him down the block before grabbing hold of him.

They then dragged their victim down a vacant alley, where they continued to beat him before running off with his cell phone.

The victim was left in the alley, bruised and bloodied, officials said.

Yet while the suspects showed a high degree of brutality, they showed a poor amount of smarts – all three were snapped up by a surveillance camera as they escaped the scene.

Police are asking anyone with information regarding these three suspects to come forward.

Calls can be made to the NYPD CrimeStoppers hotline at (800) 577-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.

Bionic bagel bash

A 28-year-old man was struck in the head with a metal baseball bat following a skirmish inside Bionic Bagels, 3741 Nostrand Avenue near Avenue X.

Police were told that the victim was inside the bagel store on October 15 when an unidentified black male attacked him.

After striking him with a baseball bat, the suspect jumped into a waiting car and drove away.

The victim was taken to Coney Island Hospital, where he was listed in stable condition following treatment.

Stabbed on Quentin

A 27-year-old area resident was the victim of a vicious attack on Quentin Road near Coney Island Avenue recently, officials said.

Police said that the man was walking along Quentin Road at 3 a.m. on October 26 when he began clashing with a group of other men.

The suspects reportedly beat the victim and then pulled a knife, stabbing him multiple times in the stomach, shoulder and back.

The assailants fled the area in a late model black Nissan Maxima, officials said.

The victim was rushed to an area hospital, where he was listed in stable condition following treatment.

Cops are asking anyone with information regarding this incident to come forward.

Calls can be made to the 61st Precinct at (718) 627-6611. All calls will be kept confidential.

Acidic caretakers

Cops are investigating an 85-year-old Midwood man’s claims that his building owner, superintendent and a plumber splashed an acidic substance in his face that burned his skin.

The senior, a resident of East 4th Street, came to police in the 61st Precinct with the complaint on October 25, claiming that he was splashed back on October 5.

He told police that the three suspects threw the substance in his face on purpose, but did not divulge what led to the attack.

Robbed at gunpoint

An area man was held up at gunpoint as he walked down Avenue U near East 39th Street last week, officials said.

The victim said that he was nearing the corner just before 5 a.m. on October 22 when a 50-year-old man allegedly approached him with what appeared to be a gun in his hand.

The alleged thief pushed the victim and then demanded all of the money from his jacket pockets, officials said.

Officers from the 63rd Precinct responded quickly and took the suspect, identified as Michael Demino, into custody without incident.

Demino was charged with robbery, grand larceny, menacing and harassment. He reportedly didn’t have a gun on him when he was taken into custody.

Updated 11:48 am, January 16, 2019
Today’s news:
Share on TwitterTweet
Share on Facebook

Don’t miss our updates:

Reasonable discourse

Comments closed.

First name
Last name
Your neighborhood
Email address
Daytime phone

Your letter must be signed and include all of the information requested above. (Only your name and neighborhood are published with the letter.) Letters should be as brief as possible; while they may discuss any topic of interest to our readers, priority will be given to letters that relate to stories covered by The Brooklyn Paper.

Letters will be edited at the sole discretion of the editor, may be published in whole or part in any media, and upon publication become the property of The Brooklyn Paper. The earlier in the week you send your letter, the better.

Keep it local!

Stay in touch with your community. Subscribe to our free newsletter: