A thug smashed open a Manhattan man’s head with a skateboard just after midnight on Livingston Street on May 16 — but the gnarly hoodlum was later apprehended.
The 44-year-old victim told cops that he was between Adams and Smith streets when the hooligan bashed him with the board.
But two days later, cops say they collared the perp.
At least three fancy smartphones were snatched on subway platforms this week. Here’s a roundup:
• Two teens were arrested for stealing a woman’s iPhone at the York Street F-train station during rush hour on May 14. One of the thugs had grabbed the North Elliott Place woman’s head and snatched the popular phone, but later he and his accomplice, ages 15 and 17, were collared.
• A 22-year-old punk grabbed a T-Mobile Wing out of a 20-year-old woman’s hand as she exited the 2 train at Borough Hall on May 17 at 10 pm.
• Two perps snatched a Carroll Street woman’s Motorola Sidekick on the stairs in the Atlantic Avenue–Pacific Street subway complex at 5:45 pm on May 9. The two men grabbed her phone while she was text-messaging a friend, which you can do in some parts of that station.
A 17-year-old punk jabbed a toy gun in his friend’s side and stole his iPod Touch on May 15.
The 17-year-old victim told cops that he was walking to school at 9 am through the park at the corner of Tillary Street and Flatbush Avenue Extension when his supposed pal came over and said, “Gimme everything in your pockets.”
He handed over the fancy music device without a struggle.
At least four purses were snatched in Brooklyn Heights and DUMBO last week. Here’s a round-up:
• A crook stole a teacher’s wallet from a classroom in a Brooklyn Heights prep school on May 9. The 38-year-old teacher left her purse unattended from 11 am to noon at the Joralemon Street school, between Court and Clinton streets, giving the thief easy access to $160 and credit cards.
• A man distracted a Pierrepont Street woman and snatched her purse from her shoulder in a supermarket on Montague Street between Henry and Hicks streets on May 9 at 5 pm. The woman, 62, was shopping for groceries and chatting on her cellphone when the man grabbed the purse, which contained credit cards and $47.
• A thief took advantage of a new mother, stealing her wallet out of the purse that she left atop her baby’s stroller as she shopped on May 12. The woman told cops that she was in a boutique at the corner of Montague and Henry streets at around 1:30 pm. She looked away for a second, and the wallet was gone.
• A thief bashed the window of a car that had been parked on Water Street on May 17, stealing credit cards, a Metrocard and cash.
The Queens woman said she had parked her 1998 Nissan at around 9:30 pm and left the purse on the passenger seat. The robber made two purchases on her Mastercard and also got $150 and a Metrocard.
A perp broke through the security gate at a popular Hicks Street barbecue joint on May 12, stealing a cash-filled envelope, cops said.
According to the owner of Fatoosh Pitza and BBQ, which is between Atlantic and State streets, the perp must have broken in after he closed up for the night at 10:30 pm.
When workers showed up the next morning, they discovered that an envelope containing $3,360 was gone.
David Ansabtani, a manager of the well-loved Mediterranean spot, said the thieves only got the envelope, which had been hidden under the cash register.
“They broke in and they stole what they got in the store,” he said.