Here are the clues for this year’s Fifth Avenue “quest trek.”
1. Begin at Berkeley Place in front of Lee Cleaners. Walk south and use one of the businesses on this block to answer this question: Put a zero in the address of where you can get an alcoholic drink made from rice and come up with the name of a classic space movie.
2. Continue south until you come to a building that once housed a bank. What type of animal is over the main doorway?
3. Continue past Red, White & Bubbly until you reach a store with a word purposely misspelled. What are the first names of the owners?
4. Continue to Moutarde. What year was the building constructed?
5. Cross back and continue on your trek. Add up the three digits of Aunt Suzie’s address.
6. Continue until you come to a bank with a parking lot. What is the color of the abstract “C” on its sign?
7. After a long walk, you will you reach a storefront with three black light fixtures overhead and a lamppost out front. What is the unusual name of the business? (An extra point will be awarded for explaining what the number and letter preceding the name stand for.)
8. How many windows are in the building housing Under the Pig (not counting the storefront level)?
9. Continue walking until you come to a shop whose motto is “Our Only Job is to Make You Look Great!” What is the name of the shop?
10. Continue until you come to a sequence of three shops where you could first get your cat fixed, then your toaster fixed and then your ribs fixed. What is the name of the owner of the store in the middle?
11. Continue until you come to the block whose first store is all about heroes and continue until you come to a store on this same block with the insignias of two superheroes on its awning. Name the two superheroes.
12. Cross the avenue and begin walking north. What country’s map is on the awning of the store next to the entrance to Fifth Avenue Bingo?
13. What is the motto of the store at 398 Fifth Ave.?
14. You will soon come to two stores, with no store between them, but separated by more than twenty feet. They share what three-letter word lacking any of the five vowels in their names?
15. Continue walking until you arrive at a school. Whose name is on that facility? (An extra point if you can cite just one fact about this historical figure.)
16. In the Third Street park, behind the playground, is the Old Stone House. What device is centered on the roof of the main building between the two chimneys? (An extra point if you know the Old Stone House’s Web address.)
17. Walk north until you come to a series of one-story buildings. What is the name of the restaurant (and associated sushi restaurant) located there?
18. If you continue walking, you come to a business that has its five-letter name on three storefronts? What is it?
19. Which two stores are separated by the entrance to 244 Fifth Avenue?
20. Continue north until you come to the shop named Beso. What street “furniture” is located in front of the business?
21. What store has a name that is also a Web address?