10. It’s less of a mess than three French hens, and sounds a lot less campy than “Seven Lords a-Leaping.”
9. It’s better to give AND to receive, so buy two.
8. One size really does fit all... unlike that little red thong from last year.
7. Give it as a gift, and you know that they’ll have good wine to pour when you come to visit.
6. Do you really think that Santa wants milk and cookies? Really?
5. It comes in its own handsome gift box, so you don’t have to do Christmas Eve origami with that ugly wrapping paper.
4. You can tell your fashionista friends that “Wine is this year’s black.” They’ll love it!
3. Go on... treat yourself. Especially if you’ve been bad all year.
2. You’re from Brooklyn now: when they say “Thank you”, you get to say, “Fugeddaboudit”.
1. You get four delicious wines... and you save 10%.
Muscadet “Les Fruits de Mer”, Ollivier Freres Organically grown Muscadet! If you love oysters (or any shellfish, for that matter) you absolutely MUST know Muscadet! Grown on the banks of the Loire, this bone-dry white has beautiful flavors of ripe, fresh fruit, as well as a mineral element on the palate that gives it wonderful depth. Clean, bright and refreshing, this sophisticated wine tastes delicious! -$8.95
Bordeaux 2005, Chateau Receba, Medoc The first 2005s from Bordeaux are arriving, and it’s a terrific vintage! Here is a Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot blend grown in gravelly soil just north of St. Estephe. Deep, supple flavors of black cherry, blackberry and cassis. Classic Bordeaux at a great price! -$9.95
Madiran, Domaine de Lanestousse Ripe, rich, red and ready! This full flavored, full bodied wine comes from Gascogny, where nothing is done in tiny steps. Deep, bright red color. The nose is subtle, with dried fruit aromas and some wild herbs & grasses. Flavors of ripe red plums, blackberries, leather and slate. Made from a blend of Tannat, Cabernet Sauvignon & Cabernet Franc, this one is what red wine is all about! -$9.95
Malbec, Sur de los Andes Deeply flavored with black plum, fig and black cherry notes, this smooth-as-silk red is aged for five months in oak barrels. This wine is selling in some of Manhattan’s “high profile” wine shops for $12, and is worth it, but I bought a ton of it, and can sell it for this Best Buy price! -$9.95
Buy Darrin’s Best Buys 4 Pack and Save 10% -$34.94