· When making your
appointment let the spa know if you prefer a man or a woman to
perform your services. Don’t wait until you show up, it could
be too late for them to accommodate you.
· Arrive 15 minutes early for your appointment, so you
have time to unwind and check in. If you’re late, the time could
come out of your treatment.
· Go to the bathroom before your service.
· Generally, expect to give 48 hours notice when canceling
an appointment. Many spas will charge a fee if you give less
· Always share any medical problems or special considerations
you have with the therapist or aesthetician - especially if you
have allergies or sensitive skin. Also let them know if you prefer
a deep tissue massage or lighter touch.
· Expect to tip 15 to 20 percent on all services, and
to pay the tip in cash. Many spas won’t add the tip to your charge
receipt, but use small envelopes for gratuities.
· Sometimes service offers are made to you in the midst
of the treatment. Before you agree, ask if an additional fee
will be charged.
Updated 4:00 pm, November 10, 2010